gro bags

hedgehog2000

Reaction score
Hi, My LO has grown rapidly after being born 6 weeks early and we are now thinking of moving her from a moses basket into a cot. Nursery is always 24/25/26 degrees and I'm wondering if a gro bag will be ok. I know that everyone says they are much better- but is this even the case with such a warm room?

You can get some very lightweight ones, which may be suitable. Having said that, if the temperature in my son's room reaches those sort of temperatures, I tend to take away his gro-bag and replace it with a sheet, I'm always worried about him overheating!

You can get very light tog gro bags which are very nice.

We're using a 1.0 tog at the mo as its cooled down slightly but have been using a 0.5 tog one from Bump to 3. If its really warm we put J in the grobag but without a vest on.

Do their arms not get cold? Know it's ok at moment but thinking of winter?

Minxy said:

For the last couple of nights Jamie has been in a long sleeved vest, so his arms don't get cold. You can get these from Bump to 3 too.

Minxy said:

In the winter Jamies room gets really cold, so he has pjs or a sleepsuit with a 2.5 tog grobag.

Grobags are the best thing ever IMO !! :D

Matalan have GroBags on 3 for 2, and they are only £8 each, they are lovely. BARGIN!!!
I think they are about a 2 tog, although i cant actually see it on them. Charlies room is 20 degrees, so she has one of these bags and a sleep suit at the minute.

I agree - grobags are fantastic.

Maddie's hands did feel cold when I first used one (around January this year) but my HV said that's fine - just because hands feel cold doesn't mean that they are cold - as long as their chest feels warm (but obviously not too hot!) the baby is fine

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back