Great Saturday but Scary Sunday - bleeding :(

Sabrina

Reaction score
I had a lovely day yesterday getting things ready for the baby with OH. We bought a pram from Ebay and went to pick it up (Mamas and Papas 3 in 1). When we got home I washed all the covers and upholstery then cleaned the chassis. OH dismantled the sofa bed in the office (Nursery), so it's ready for the buyers to collect tomorrow, and I cleaned the office floor.

We ended the day just chilling out with a Chinese takeaway. It was a perfect day. I felt really happy. :)

This morning was a different story. I got up, took DS to football, came home and posted a few messages on here. Went to the loo and :shock: what a shock .... I was bleeding... :? quite heavily :cry:

I woke OH and he rang the hospital who said just rest and call back if the bleeding doesn't stop. About half hour later I got up to have a wee and it started again really heavy.. all over the carpet.. poor OH looked petrified. :( (sorry if TMI)

So we went to the hospital. I was so scared. It was awful. OH looked white but managed to stay together, I think for my sake.

I got checked over thoroughly by the nurse. Heard LO's heartbeat and that was ok. The doctor asked lots of questions and examined me (internally - ouch - and externally). He checked to see I wasn't starting early labour :shock: They took blood and did the BP (which was ok) and then we heard again the LO's heartbeat.

Doc thinks maybe I've "exerted" myself a bit or it could be part of the placenta has become detached as it's moving around the uterus. He said I should go home and rest but go straight back if the bleeding didn't stop today... or restarts at any time.

I have the detailed scan on Friday. They didn't move it any sooner :roll: but said I could go straight back in if I was worried, in pain or had any more bleeds.

It was reassuring going to the hospital and I feel a bit better now but am still taking it easy. Going to have a lay down in a minute.

Hope to catch up with posts later.

:hug:

Sabrina x

Sabrina I'm sorry you have had such a shock like that, I think it would frighten the blooming daylight out of me. Rest, take it easy, confine yourself to the bed/sofa with DVD's and snacks. Don't be rushing around and hopefully things will be fine by Friday. I'm relieved you heard your little one's heartbeat though, that's really positive so I'm thinking a piece of placenta also. Don't fret and REST...easier said than done I know but your baby is worth it. Rest, please! x

:hug: Hope you feel better soon. My sister had bleeding on and off all the way through her pregancies (Placenta Previa) and she has 2 VERY heathly girls. I had some too at 8 weeks then 10 weeks and everything seems to have settled down now.

Use this as the perfect excuse to keep your feet up and do nothing,

Thinking of you :hug:

Julie

That must have been so scary. Glad about the heartbeat. You mustnt lift a finger, get OH to do everything and get better soon :hug: :hug:

Oh gosh you don't expect that at this stage do you? How very scary for you I bet you were absolutely petrified poor you.
Hopefully its just your body's way of telling you to slow down. If you are concerned please do go back and get another scan, not worth putting yourself through any more worry.
Rest up hun! xxx

oh Sabrina, im sorry to hear this - how frightening, glad things are ok with bubs tho.
Get lots of rest & hope the bleeding stops
x

aww hun i'm sorry to hear your goin thru a scary time, glad that they reassured you at the hospital and hopefully it will all settle down :hug:

did sound like you had a busy day saturday mayb it was just that :think:

get your feet up and get that man of yours catering to your every whim :wink:

keep us posted
Lyn

Sabrina :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

You just rest and take it easy mate, dont even think of going to work tomorrow!!!!!!

Hi

I agree rest as much as possible, its a very good sign being able to hear the heart beat though! Hope the bleeding stops soon. :hug:
Katrina

so scary :shock:
I'm glad the hospital could help and that they looked after you.
Rest up and get good and spoiled for a while xxxxxxxxxxx

sorry you had such a scary time. Look after yourself :hug: :hug:

wow that must have been so scary for u :hug: :hug:
i'm glad u were reassured at hospital and heard LO's heartbeat.
take it easy n dont u go lifting a finger!
keep us updated :hug:

Hi Sabrina,

I've sent you a PM, but just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and am sure everything will be fine.

Make sure you get lots of rest and don't lift a finger over the next few days.

Love

Valentine xxx

That must haven been so scary for you :hug: :hug: :hug:

Like the girls have said, do nothing but rest! Hopefully they'll be able to give you some more reassurance at your scan on Friday :)

Hey Honey

How awful! Relax and make sure you stay in that bed for at least a day or two!

Take care xx

oh Hun i'm sorry to hear that :hug: how fooking scary i would of be sh*ting my self :hug:

just take it easy please... put you feet up and relax :hug:

How scary for you!!

Make sure you relax and stay positive - everything sounds like it was fine at the hospital.

Gem xx

OMG hun how scary :hug:

im glad that things turned out to be ok. please rest up.

gna pm you hun :)

Thank you ladies for you lovely messages. :hug: You are all so caring. It's really nice to read the support.

I've done very little this afternoon. Had a sleep for an hour or so and then had dinner made by OH. Now just sitting on settee with feet up watching a movie on Sky. :|

I'm still not feeling 100% but hope with a few days rest all will be well. Friday's scan seems a long way off at the moment. But we are hanging in here. :pray:

Love
Sabrina
xx

Sabrina,

you poor thing. Must have been terrifying! Sounds like you are looking after uorself, so keep up the good work, take it easy. Friday will come round soon enough, good luck with the scan! :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back