Got to see a consultant!!

Lacey's Mummy

Reaction score
Had my 34 week appointment earlier... went in 30mins late so totally forgot to ask her what i can take during a cold! She then took my notes and straight away saw that i had a retained placenta with Lacey. She's the only person who has been concerned about this during my whole pregnancy!!
She phoned Bath RUH which is where i had my op to remove it with lacey and they said their policy is i have to deliever future babies with them which is what i've been dreading!! I hate that hospital! So she phoned them again to get a consultant appointment just to see if i have to deliver with them and earliest they could see me is the 18th October, 10 days before little man's due :wall2:
So the midwife pushed for an earlier date, so i'm seeing him next monday instead! I've told her why i don't want to deliever in Bath and she said they can't make me deliever there so be strong and put my foot down!
She then felt my bump, said he's def head down, hb is strong, then said he's gonna be a big baby, measured him but he's only measuring at 32 weeks! grrrr I don't think she has a clue lol
But on a brighter note, i'm seeing mw again in 2 weeks and i get to do my birth plan!! yay!!!

oh nooo keep strong so you get what you want hun!
:hugs:

I dont think my bump have grown i see tomorrow but it does worry me a little.

Definately stay strong honey-it is your right to deliver where you want! Hope all is ok x

Aw, no, that's definitely stress that you don't need right now! I hope you get to deliver where you want to.

While she was on the phone i could hear her saying oh thats your policy and i was just thinking do not cry!! lol The whole way through i've been worried about where i'm gonna deliever but all the different midwife have been like it should be fine, now im so close to the end, my worst nightmares coming true! This midwife also said to tell them how quick Lacey's labour was so say im worried i won't make the 30min journey to their hospital! lol

CRY! throw a tantrum!! do what ever you feel like to get the birth you want!

good luck hun. Im sure you can keep strong and tell them x

I might try to stay at home for as long as poss so they have no choice but to take me at my commuinty hospital! i so can't wait for my next appointment, birth plan's are so exciting!!! :D

i wonder if thats what we are doin on my appointment tomorrow :love:

It should be cos your only have 2 more appointments left until Noa's due!!

Stick to ur guns hon - I dont see that they can insist on that at all! x x x

At least they're finally taking notice even if a little late. Is the retained placenta something they can keep an eye on through a scan or is it one of those things where you won't know till you've given birth?

I agree with the others though, put your foot down.. They can't force you to do anything you dont want to do!

i agree with all thats been said, stick to ur guns hun! are they stupid to mess with a hormonal pregnant woman :p ?! xxxx

Unfortantly it's a very unlucky thing that happens after birth! Basically with lacey, i gave birth, had the injection to bring on the placenta but it was just coming away in bits so they made me sit on a bedpan and try to push the placenta out myself! While doing this i started being violently sick and just couldn't get it all out so they rushed me to Bath which is a 30min journey to have an op to have the placenta removed cos if there was any left in me, i could've hemorriged or got an infection :( it wasn't very pleasent! When i googled it, it said theres only a 5% chance of having this happen but my sil has just had the same thing happen to her!!

Unfortantly it's a very unlucky thing that happens after birth! Basically with lacey, i gave birth, had the injection to bring on the placenta but it was just coming away in bits so they made me sit on a bedpan and try to push the placenta out myself! While doing this i started being violently sick and just couldn't get it all out so they rushed me to Bath which is a 30min journey to have an op to have the placenta removed cos if there was any left in me, i could've hemorriged or got an infection :( it wasn't very pleasent! When i googled it, it said theres only a 5% chance of having this happen but my sil has just had the same thing happen to her!!

When they do that.. rush you away.. do they bring baby with you or do they leave him behind for you to come back?

This sounds so daft but the bin men came earlier and i was thinking theres only 2 more bin days until little man's due lol!!

Ah right, must have been awful! Ateast the chances of it happening again is minute.. Fingers crossed for monday Hun! Xx

When they do that.. rush you away.. do they bring baby with you or do they leave him behind for you to come back?

Lace went with Tim and my mum in the car behind the ambulance! They gave her back to me after the op, 6 hours after giving birth! That was horrible! Then the next day i got transfered back to the hospital i gave birth in and stayed there for 2 days to recover as i was in alot of pain due cos of the op!

only 2 bin days :love: :rofl:

haha on wednesday its only 1 more binday for me!!
cant belive we are counting bindays hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back