Got my BFP!!! Now what happens?

Aussiegirl

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am one day late, so tried a digital pregnancy test last night and got a bfp!!

My question is now what happens - I should make a doctors appointment - is it necessary for the doctor to also do a blood test if the home pregnancy test is obvious? What happens now? Also, I am from Australia, so don't know of any good doctors to go to. Any recommendations? I live and work near London bridge. Many thanks for your advice.

Hi,

Firstly, congratulations!

Secondly, you need to fine a doctor near you and go and register. He/she will then explain what happens next - it varies by doctor but mine didn't confirm my pregnancy result but just took my word for it, he worked out my due date and then organised for an appointment with the midwife a couple of weeks later.

The first midwifes appt is usually when you're around 8 wks pregnant - they take urine and blood samples then. Unfortunately until then nothing much happens.

If you're not already taking Folic acid supplements, now's the time to start. There are also some foods to avoid/be extra careful with during pregnancy. Avoid murcury rich foods such as shark, swordfish & marlin. Ideally no more than 2 tuna steaks (or 4 cans of tuna) a week. Avoid liver and raw eggs. Make sure everything you eat is well cooked and all fruit and veg is washed before eating it, oh and avoid caffeine and alcohol. Think thats most things.

Hope that helps but if not feel free to ask more questions - everyone on here is really nice!

:cheer: Congrats!!!

Yes just let your doc know and they usualy take it from there for you.

Congratulations hun, think Frog has covered everything :hug:

Congratulations!!! As you live near London Bridge, your local maternity hospital is St Thomas' which has one of the best reputations in London. You should ask your GP if you can be referred to one of the midwifery caseload teams in the area, as you will get lots more support than the traditional set up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back