one week ago...

Emily0505

Reaction score
I got my bfp!!!!! :)

I cant wait to tell everyone bout my lil bean! This is going to be a very long 8 weeks me thinks!

Off to the doctors today. Not sure what to expect though. Ladies? What normally happens at your first docs appointment?

XX

Congrats!!! I got my bfp 14days after conceiving and it's been the longest 8 weeks ever lol

Congrats :) welcome to tri 1. Most places let you make apt direct with midwife otherwise your GP will probably give you info such as 'take folic acid' and let you know what you should/shouldn't eat and refer you to a midwife. Good luck x

My GP give me a blood test form so I could go and get my blood tests done and he also contacted the hospital to get my 12 week scan booked in. He also contacted midwife on my behalf to get them to arrange an appointment with me. They tell you that you should be taking pregnancy vitamins especially folic acid. Good luck. xxx

Thanks ladies. I'm going in at 3 this afternoon. Me and bean have had a busy morning finishing xmas shopping and still got to do the housework and put up the xmas decorations. Need a bit of a rest though, so just chillin out for a bit on my fav forum with my fav group of ladies!

XX

Emily.... accoring to oyur tickers we are due the same day!! Obviously this can change... how are you feeling??

It's sooo hard not to tell anyone, I am seeing my best friend tomorrow so I will tell her other than that we will be tell partents but that is it untill the 12 week scan!!

Emma.... your doctor sound like a drea, so reassuring.... the receptionist at my doctors just told me to make an appointment with the Midwife.... really want to book in my scan!!

xx

Yeah I was lucky, got my scan date only a few days after my docs appointment, can't wait now. I have exactly 6 weeks to go til I can see my baby on screen! x

Last edited:
Hi Karate Kid! I'm feeling great so far. Had some cramps/twinges, got sore bb's and feel a bit sick when i get hungry but thats bout it so far. How are you feeling?

I just got back from the docs- she jus asked if i was taking folic acid etc and said the midwives will be in touch with me at 8 weeks. Gotta book in for a flu jab too. Seems like aaaaaaages till i will get a scan! Cant wait to see bean!

XX

Aw congrats!! :) xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi Karate Kid! I'm feeling great so far. Had some cramps/twinges, got sore bb's and feel a bit sick when i get hungry but thats bout it so far. How are you feeling?

I just got back from the docs- she jus asked if i was taking folic acid etc and said the midwives will be in touch with me at 8 weeks. Gotta book in for a flu jab too. Seems like aaaaaaages till i will get a scan! Cant wait to see bean!

XX

Heya!! Well apart from the tiredness and sore boobs alongside twinges, I am pretty much the same!! Slightly worried that I am not getting more symptoms....

Yeah smae here just cannot wait to see our baby, exciting!! xx

Congrats Emily! Your scan will be here before you know it! Can't believe Im 10 weeks now and I found out at 6 weeks or so ago! It'll fly by :)

Very boring and disapointed I found the first appointment, told to take folic acid, given a booklet which is your pregnancy notes, weight and height taken and blood pressure. Was so bursting with excitement thinking they might feel belly but not lol.

congratulations!!!! :dance:

i found my first appointment quite exciting, and also scary!

the midwife was asking me where i wanted to give birth and how i want to feed!!!
i was 5 weeks!!!! :rolleyes: lol

(i dont think you are usually seen that early though)

Aw bumble I'm jealous! My midwife is pants though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back