first doctors appointment- what happens there?

lillou

Reaction score
As this is my first baby ( :cheer: ) i am just wondering what happens at the first doctors appointment?

I live in Scotland so not sure if its different from England or not?

Any help will be much appreciated though!

Mine just said congratulations and make an appointment to see the midwife on your way out :lol: . But she did go through the foods I should avoid before she sent me on my way and make a note of it on the computer.
you could always phone up the surgery and ask the receptionist what their procedure is :hug:

Mine said Congrats, prescribed me folic acid, asked where i wanted the bay, explain things to avoid, worked out due date and said midwife would be in touch. Think thats all, I went yesterday to see mine(second baby) and he said nothing have changed in care for pregnant wpmen in the last year, did i have any questions. Good Luck and congrats x

Ours said congratulations and that she'd make us an appointment to see the MW as now all my pregnancy care was with her and not the GP :) but different surgeries have different practise, but it's very very exciting making it all 'official' at the Doc's as it were :D :hug:

thanks everyone, im trying to make one for next week :cheer:

My doctors wouldn't see me until I was 8 weeks which put me out a bit as I wanted to be told by someone official that I wasn't making it up!- 3 tests didn't convince me!
Then I just got weighed and blood pressure taken.

handbagqueen said:
My doctors wouldn't see me until I was 8 weeks which put me out a bit as I wanted to be told by someone official that I wasn't making it up!- 3 tests didn't convince me!

A lot of GP's and MW's don't see you until at least 8 weeks as there is nothing to be done as such. At 8 weeks its paperwork, weight, BP and a few other bits maybe but nothing else.

And they use the same tests as we buy over the counter so its all good :) A lot of GP's just take you at your word and don't worry about doing another test anyways, so chances are seeing your GP earlier would not have made a jot of difference.

i called the receptionist at my doctors and she said to make an appoitnment asap as the procedure is usually see the doctor and take it from there so i have one on Monday :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back