Had my sweep!

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Had my sweep today. Midwife was impressed cos she managed not only to give me a very good sweep but managed to get 2 fingers in so I'm at 2cm :dance: She had a very good rummage around for about 5 minutes!! She said I was so relaxed it was very easy. How surreal did it feel when she said she was touching baby's head and it was moving. She then said "wow, you're having a contraction now!" Since I've been home I'm having period pains, low backache and what actually feels like very early labour..... surely not so fast after my sweep??? I keep telling myself its just period-like pains from sweep but now I've got the hot water bottle on my back. Maybe I could have a due date baby??? I'm due tomorrow.....

Midwife then asked me if my hubby home tonight....I said yes - she told me we've to have sex every 4 hours tonight :whistle:

Keep everything crossed for me!!

My fingers are tightly crossed for you hunny, by the sounds of things we could be seeing your labour watch thread very soon :D x x

Don't rub it in :lol:

Fingers crossed for you! I hope it works!

oooo sounds exciting! my contractions started almost insantly after my sweep with Ethan so heres hoping it wont be long until baba arrives! xxx

I said "fingers crossed" to the midwife and then said "hey - maybe not" lol There is still time for you to go before me - this could very much be a false alarm!

Off to bounce on my ball.....

I said "fingers crossed" to the midwife and then said "hey - maybe not" lol There is still time for you to go before me - this could very much be a false alarm!

Off to bounce on my ball.....
My cervix is hiding and still tightly closed, they couldn't even do a sweep!

Oooh exciting! I shall be looking for a labour thread soon. Fingers crossed that sexy time works tonight! Lol x

Sounds promising!! Good luck I hope this is it!!
My sister is getting her sweep in a few mins hoping it kick starts things for her too!

Yeah, i've heard that sweeps can work more or less ASAP.

Lots of good luck, cant wait to hear things have progressed!

:)

Still getting contractions but not frequent and not really up to much (I know what they turn into this is 2nd baby). It will either progress or stop..... Oh how cool would it be to have a due date baby? I'm due tomorrow...

Only 5 hours til tomorrow comes!!!

I have a feeling you'll have your baby by this time 2moz - esp if this is your 2nd.

:)

i had sweep on my 2nd baby she did it in morning, and i went in at 7pm had my baby at 3am i think lol or around 5am i forgot the times x

Maybe you'll be the last August mummy after all!
Best of luck xx

Yay good luck Hun xx

Sent from my nearly buggared iPhone!!

Thanks for all your best wishes girls. Off to bed now to see if I can catch some zzzz before it all kicks off - or indeed stops!!

Maybe I'll go to bed and wake up in morning with a baby all wrapped up next to me without all the labour and pain LOL

I've just seen this!!! Tracey, this is so exciting!! All the best :pompom:
Xxxx

It all stopped after I went to bed.....bugger. Nothing this morning. I'm due to get another sweep tomorrow so hopefully it will kick off again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back