Going to see GP..

Tinkerbell3

Reaction score
It has been suggested to me by my consultant at the hospital that if I don't get pregnant in the next month or 2 to go see the GP to start getting things investigated.

Just wondering what tests they will intially do?

Hi Tink :wave: I was wondering about you the other day hun xxx I think it depends on why you are going to the GP. Is it due to length of time TTC? I've been referred by my GP to the gynae dept for test due to recurrent m/c, I think it's just a lot of blood work at first, which I think may be the same xxx

Oh I just noticed in your sig you had another MC, Im so sorry to read that :hugs:

I haven't been online in about a month due to having no internet as I was switching broadband companies and they got everything messed up.

Will be seeing the GP about TTC with no luck for 6 months or so

Ah, well good to see you back hun! I'm not sure about the specific tests for TTC with no luck, but I really hope you don't need to go and it happens soon :dust: I do think though that at first it would be blood work xxx

They'll probably just test your blood to start with, thyroid, sex hormones blood count etc. Some doctors though may not take you seriously unless you've been trying for a year or more. Good luck with it though xx

They'll probably just test your blood to start with, thyroid, sex hormones blood count etc. Some doctors though may not take you seriously unless you've been trying for a year or more. Good luck with it though xx

Thank you, due to my health and that in can cause problems conceiving my consultant is writing to the gp to let him know I may be coming to see him and it's important to have things looked into asap and not be told to to come back after a year or more of trying.

Hi, Tinkerbell - I've just started the doctor process. I had bloods taken on day 3 of my cycle and I'm back again on Monday for the 21-day bloods. Hubby went to hospital this week to do his sperm sample. All straightforward. Just got to wait for the results now. My doctor said she may give me a pelvic exam to make sure everything is ok. If all the tests are fine, I will probably go for a scan. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarniReid
Back