Going to poo....TMI

nickilubs

Reaction score
Okay I'm still finding the poo thing really difficult and taking Iron tablets is not helping with the situation! Its more of a mind thing I just get so scared I'm going to rip in half or something! Well my question is...is there anything I can take to "soften" the stuff up because it hurts so much when I go. I don't know if I'm just sore still or if its because of the Iron pills but I can't go with out it hurting and I really dread going now! :oops: It stops hurting once Im done but during is really painful echhh so frigging embarrassing but I need to do something or I'm never going to poo normal again!

I would go to the docs and get something prescribed or see a pharmacist and get it on the minor ailments scheme, at least that way you can get it for nothing. Not sure what's the best to use, though.

It will get better, honest :hug:

I got prescribed lactulose because of my 3rd degree tear...worked well and didn't give me any option but to go! lol

daftscotslass said:
I would go to the docs and get something prescribed or see a pharmacist and get it on the minor ailments scheme, at least that way you can get it for nothing. Not sure what's the best to use, though.

It will get better, honest :hug:

Ditto the above, plus scripts are free as you should have a maternity exemption card valid for a long while yet.

Lactulose will soften things up, GP can prescribe that or something else. So will eating certain foods. Drinking water will help also. Sitting with knees slightly higher than hips when on the loo will hopefully make it easier to go also. Move around if you can't go right then and try again.

i only use lax's occasionally (u can get accustomed to them iv heard!) but when i do i use ex-lax senna chocolate.

natural u could try raisins or grapes, prune juice or orange juice. and lotsa water :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back