Going to a gig at 8 months?!

kaybee

Reaction score
Found out that The Killers will be playing near me next March and thought I'd have no luck trying to get tickets as every time I've tried I've not had much luck. But I tried anyway on the off-chance as soon as they went on sale... and got some - woohoo! :dance: I'm so chuffed!

Now, it's going to be just 5 weeks before my EDD, so I thought I'd be all grown-up and sensible and book seated tickets for me hubby and a couple of friends, but now I'm wondering whether all the noise etc will be too much for LO and put me into labour! Anyone else have plans to go to a gig when they're this far gone? Do you think it'll be OK?

Hmm, maybe I should post this in Ask a Mum too...

I can't see it would do any harm,
Baby may like it an wiggle about!
Best person to ask is prob your MW.
I think a few people on here have been to gig's in pregnancy
Not sure who but i'm sure some have!

I used to love the killers.. no more though :talkhand: lol

Can't think of any medical reason why you shouldn't go, if you feel up to it then go for it, like you said you've got seated tickets so if you feel tired then just sit for a while.

I'm going to see Coldplay at the O2 when i'm 29wks, so not quite as far along as you'll be but will be interesting i'm sure to see how baby reacts!

ive bought my OH tickets to see the killers at newcastle 4 weeks b4 baby is due and althou I would love to go im not :( I couldn't go and see the killers and not be in the standing part and was scared id get too hot and it would be too loud for me and get pushed about cause I know what it gets like when seeing the killers. I was also bothered I would get too excited when I seen Brandon Flowers and go into labour :lol: so my OH is going with his mate but has promised me he will bring me summit nice back... althou I dont think Brandon Flowers will come without a fight :lol:

I don't see any reason why not - as long as you feel up to it then I say go!!

Ta for your replies! Still planning to go unless I feel like absolute cr*p on the day - hopefully babs will enjoy it as much as me!

Mrs B - I wondered if you'd be going! I know what you mean about not standing, but I wasn't prepared to take the risk and get bopped about the place. Hope your OH brings you something extra special back - he has my permission to kidnap BF if you want cos he'll have already done nottingham by then :lol:

By then I'll probably want to go into labour anyway, I'm not the most patient person :D

kaybee said:
Ta for your replies! Still planning to go unless I feel like absolute cr*p on the day - hopefully babs will enjoy it as much as me!

Mrs B - I wondered if you'd be going! I know what you mean about not standing, but I wasn't prepared to take the risk and get bopped about the place. Hope your OH brings you something extra special back - he has my permission to kidnap BF if you want cos he'll have already done nottingham by then :lol:

By then I'll probably want to go into labour anyway, I'm not the most patient person :D

Its personal pref at the end of the day and you will prob find baby enjoys it, mines used to hearing the killers loud most days so prob wouldnt think anything was up :lol: but still I thought it best for me that I didnt go cause even in standing I wouldnt be able to keep still :lol:. Just make sure if you go that you dont over heat and drink lots and enjoy it (even tho its hard not to cause Brandon is such a show man) I think OH is as gutted as me that I cant go bless him but it cant be helped. I could of cried when I booked his tickets cause I so wanna go. Yey for getting BF as my extra special something back that would be cool. :lol: yum yum *drool* make sure you take me lots of pics cause i know im asking OH to do that for me as well :lol: xxx

oh not nicking your thread here much but what do you think of their new song???

I've been to loads of gigs while pregnant, the last one I'm going to before the baby is born in on Monday when I'll be a day off 35 weeks. Not worried at all about it. The baby likes gigs, it stays really still when it likes something and every gig I've been to it's been no trouble at all. I play it music all the time and it just listens then starts kicking and stuff once the music has stopped.

Probably a good thing to get seats though. The gig I'm going to on Monday was in the MEN and we had seats but its been downgraded to Manchester Apollo which has some seats but not a lot. I might just rub my bump at them in the hope they'll give us seated tickets for it :D

My husband is in a band and I've been to gigs all the way through and will be going to a gig in 2 weeks time too - I just make sure that I'm in a safe place and sit down or go home when I feel its too much - You'll know yourself how you feel. Bump loves music!! Perhaps he'll be the next member of the band!

If anyone is in the Oxford area and fancies coming to the gig let me know!!! :D

MrsBrightside said:

I think I'm the only person in the country to actually like it first time I heard it! It's a bit more 'euro-pop' than I was expecting, but I still love it (and no, I don't normally like euro-pop!). What about you?

xmcnickyx said:
I might just rub my bump at them in the hope they'll give us seated tickets for it :D

Good plan! Fingers crossed for you...

kaybee said:
MrsBrightside said:

I think I'm the only person in the country to actually like it first time I heard it! It's a bit more 'euro-pop' than I was expecting, but I still love it (and no, I don't normally like euro-pop!). What about you?

yeah I have to admit I love it as well, wasnt what I was expecting but then when saw dust came out that wasnt what I expected either, I love love love their Romeo and Juliet on it tho.... there is very little the killers have done that I dont like to be honest :lol:

I think from talking to a few people they are saying that since releasing this latest track that they have lost the plot abit but I dont think they have at all I think its good that they have different sounds!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back