Should I go to gig tonight?

glitzyglamgirl

Reaction score
hmmm

Well Im really good friends with this mad folk/punk band in Cardiff and I havnt seen then for aaaaages, my OH keeps bumping into them in town when hes on his lunch break and they keep giving him gig details and we keep saying we will get to a gig soon.....

Some other good friends of mine are in Wales for a bit (they live in Vienna) and as my friends in the band are starting a European tour soon, and my friends in Vienna have lots of contacts that could help them, we've arranged to take them to a gig tonight to meet them.

The band dont know we are going yet.

Thing is, I feel sooooo shattered - its been a long week and I highly suspect we have caught this month so I wont be drinking, which means I'll be designated driver, and to be honest the thought of sitting in a loud smokey club while everyone but me gets legless doesnt fill me with joy, the place is open till 3am and I can already see me wanting to go home but not wanting to spoil anyone elses night.

I feel like I have to go as its all arranged and dont want to let anyone down, but im so knackered lol

So.....should I go or not.......my fate is in your hands lol

Nah, I wouldn't risk it hon. Smokey pubs are bad enough without the thought you may be PG, and being the driver is no fun. Get OH to take your friends to the gig and you have a cosy night in with a huge bar of choc, a relaxing bath and a dvd :hug:

Thats not a bad idea, Ill suggest it but I know for a fact he'll say he wants to stay in with me, hes quite shy and bless him he wouldnt want to think of me sitting at home on my own while he goes out, hes an angel!

So yeah I'll suggest it knowing he wont go out without me and then im blameless lol :rotfl:

Thanks hun!

Hmmmm tricky one. I guess if its going to benefit your friends then I would go, you can always let them know before you go out that you don't want to stay late coz you're knackered & if they want a lift home they are more than welcome or they can get a taxi home later on?

Another good point, but thinking about it my friends from vienna arnt backwards in coming forwards so they wouldnt have a problem introducing themselves to the band and telling them I sent them to chat about the europe thing.

Hmmm OH is home in half an hour so I'll see what he thinks!

glitzyglamgirl said:
Another good point, but thinking about it my friends from vienna arnt backwards in coming forwards so they wouldnt have a problem introducing themselves to the band and telling them I sent them to chat about the europe thing.

Hmmm OH is home in half an hour so I'll see what he thinks!

Oh well if they don't need your help directly then don't go! :lol:
I know what you mean sitting in a crowded smokey pub sober isn't fun. I was going out tonight too but going to cancel for that reason! & the fact i've got another headaches so it'll only make it worse.

Have a nice relaxing evening at home infront of the tele :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back