Going to a gig/ concert

Mummy Rich

Reaction score
What are your views on this?

My oh has bought me tickets to go see the kooks who i love, this december at empress ballroom in blackpool. However, it's a standing gig and small capacity.

Ill be 4 1/2 to 5 months.

Reckon it's safe to go???

x

I'm going to see MGMT in similar circumstance at the beginning of November. I'm just going to be really careful to stay away from crowds at the front and not go to the bar etc just in case I get pushed about!

Haha i used to go to metal gigs when i was 7months pregnant with my son, as long as you stay away from the energetic areas it's still ok to stand in the crowd - it sometimes helps you to keep standing when your crammed up. Just keep your bag or arms infront of your bump and drink plenty of sugary drinks, e.g squash or lucazade.
Most people around you will see that your preggers anyway so will probably be nice. The kooks don't have mosh pits anyway so i think you'll be safe :D

Hi Hun, I am so envious of you going to see the kooks! I would certainly go if i was you. At 4 and 1/2 mths you will have a bump so evidential to others youre preggers and it's not one of those concerts where you will get pushed about, I bet hubby will be protective anyway! go have fun and :dance: :clap: :cheer: and sing it may be your last chance for a while!!! Dusty x :hug:

Gigs are really nice to go to when your pregnant, the happy hormones sent to the baby plus the loud music makes it dance about so if you haven't felt it move by then you probably will that night, my son was actually named after a band because that's the first time i felt him move and there on after every time i listened to the album he used to jiggle about, he still loves them now at 2!

OMG im so glad its not just me worrying about this!!

im going to see the script in 10 days (not as high energy as the kooks) and was bit worried.

have you seen the kooks before?? they were at the iow festival this year.... bloody brilliant!!

I have never seen them before. Had tickets last year to see them supporting the coral but fell ill! Gutted isn't the word. Wouldn't give it a second thought if it was a seated event. X

OMG im soooo excited on your behalf

i like them (not a massive massive fan) so was looking forward to them at the festival and they were great! really really impressed me ! which considering i was only really there that day to see starsailor was a big deal!

i'm going to a gig with my OH and his best mate on thursday. my OH is really protective tho so i have no worries. altho there is a mosh pit i will just be staying out of the way. im going to see Enter Shikari (if anyone has heard of them :roll: ) :lol:

im going to see slipknot with my hubby and his best mate and his gf in december, ill be about 5 months then too, we will be sitting though so im nt 2 worried about it, i agree with the others, just go and have fun, and stay away from energetic areas.

suzie1011 said:
i'm going to a gig with my OH and his best mate on thursday. my OH is really protective tho so i have no worries. altho there is a mosh pit i will just be staying out of the way. im going to see Enter Shikari (if anyone has heard of them :roll: ) :lol:

Woo hoo! Me and my husband are fans of Enter Shikari! Soooo jelous! :oops:

I went to see Razorlight last year when I was 7 months and it was standing - I had a great night, just stood in front of the sound stage and it was cool

Ive been to loads of gigs all through this pregnancy and have been fine. The baby stays so still during gigs, it really likes loud music, which is good :D

My last gig before I have the baby will be at around 35 weeks. I'm sitting for it but it's a band I never liked till I got pregnant (Slayer) so it's the baby's band, which will be nice for the baby :lol:

Oh came in the other night to tell me that the killers were playing in Feb and im gutted cause im scared to go! OH doesn't want me to go so im not and I guess its prob for the best cause I wouldn't be able to go and "take it easy" so to speak!

MrsBrightside said:
Oh came in the other night to tell me that the killers were playing in Feb and im gutted cause im scared to go! OH doesn't want me to go so im not and I guess its prob for the best cause I wouldn't be able to go and "take it easy" so to speak!

How far along will you be when they play?

I've said all along that I'll carry on going to gigs up to 38 weeks. It's getting a bit more difficult to stand for too long now but sometimes, when it's a band I love, I don't even realise how much things hurt till they've finished :D

It's something I'll really miss once the baby is here, going to gigs, so have decided I should go to them while I can :)

hes going on the 7th of march which is exactly 4 weeks b4 my due date. Im gutted but I think im better off not going to be honest. Dont trust myself and to be honest im thinking I will be too tired by then as well. Im buying his ticket for his birthday so hes a happy bunny even if he is abit gutted that im going to be stuck at home as he knows (as do many) how much I love the killers :(

I would say go! I've seen them 3 times and they're brilliant.

I'm going to be 3 months when I go to see The Streets, and 4 1/2 when I see Feeder. I'll just be taking a back row view to bee on the safe side.

Have a great time.

Leana

Yeh, I'd go too (well, not to see the killers but, y'know!)

We've had our Slayer tickets booked for ages and all along I said it would be my last gig. Make it your last gig before the baby comes, you'll not get a chance once the baby is here :)

I would prob go into early labour at the very sight of Brandon Flowers (drools just talking about him :lol:) and I know I would just get mad if anyone bumped into me etc :lol:

I love the kooks, id go hunny, im sure you will be fine, it will be obvious your pregnant and if necessary you could always take one of those little fold out stools? If you dont mind being the only one sat down? Im sure Bubs will love the choons :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back