Going from long to short? Any hairdressers?

nickilubs

Reaction score
:wave: I want to get my hair cut. At the moment it is v.long about 4-5 inches bellow my bra strap. I love having long hair but it really is dead weight hair its there but if I was to get 5-6 inches off you probably wouldn't even notice.....Its like hair that is there but isnt really noticed! Its also in quite bad condition from straightening and dyeing.

Soooooo my plan is to go short. I have naturally very fly-away wavy hair so I would need some advice on good products to use on it to get nice waves instead of ones that I sleep on then wake up and its a mess! I want it around the length of Nicole Riches there and then the type of texture of the second pic. But I also have a thick fringe and Dark brown hair would the out come look completely different would it need to be that kind of shade to pull it off? :D

Ahhhhh essay there sorry!!!! So basically! The first pics length and fringe with the second pics texture but on dark brown hair! From very long hair! Would it look okay?

nicole_richiehair.jpg

wavybob.jpg

I think it sounds like a good look to go for. I'd recommend going somewhere like Toni & Guy's to have it done. Although they are very expensive its well worth the price as they do a fab job and also they would be able to advise you on what products to use to keep it how you want it. Hope this helps :hug:

I love your new hair idea Nicki :D I go to a Toni and Guy type salon and I use Redken Fresh Curls Spin Control (in a blue bottle) as recommended by my hairdresser. He tends to twist small sections of my hair when wet and then scrunch dries with a diffuser which helps my wavy hair curl a bit. Unfortunately my hair is quite thick so it does tend to drop out a bit, also it is about 4 inches past my collarbone so is quite heavy too because of the length. I think I am going to get my hairdresser to cut mine to collarbone length when I get it cut in August! Not that I'm copying your idea ;) :lol:

I think it will look fine with a heavy fringe, I'm sure a good hairdresser would layer your fringe slightly to help achieve the same look. Is your hair quite shiny? Mine is a bit dull looking but I often put a semi-permanent colour in as this often adds shininess - mine is currently plum coloured which is bright purple in the sun :D

nickilubs said:
:wave: I want to get my hair cut. At the moment it is v.long about 4-5 inches bellow my bra strap. I love having long hair but it really is dead weight hair its there but if I was to get 5-6 inches off you probably wouldn't even notice.....Its like hair that is there but isnt really noticed! Its also in quite bad condition from straightening and dyeing.

Soooooo my plan is to go short. I have naturally very fly-away wavy hair so I would need some advice on good products to use on it to get nice waves instead of ones that I sleep on then wake up and its a mess! I want it around the length of Nicole Riches there and then the type of texture of the second pic. But I also have a thick fringe and Dark brown hair would the out come look completely different would it need to be that kind of shade to pull it off? :D

Ahhhhh essay there sorry!!!! So basically! The first pics length and fringe with the second pics texture but on dark brown hair! From very long hair! Would it look okay?

nicole_richiehair.jpg

wavybob.jpg

hiya! :wave:

i had VERY long hair and then 3 weeks ago i had a very short concave bob. Just like that :rotfl:
i went into the salon and said i want my hair cut and they assumed i wanted it trimmed and i said NOOOOO i wasnt it short.
All of the girls in the salon watched as my lovely hair was cut right off. I was like a freak show :rotfl: The girls in the salon kept my hair too and then popped it into a bag for me to take home. :rotfl:
I really like my hair short now. Go for it - if you don't like it it will grow.

Be sure to tell your hubby though. I didn't tell mine and the look on his face when he walked in and saw me. I think he thought there was a stranger in the house taking care of his kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back