Glucose tolerance test

MariaIsabella

Reaction score
Have mine today ( Little late 29 weeks ) and forgot instructions at home! I know I have to drink Lucozade 1 hour before but how much?? I have a bottle of 500ml, is that ok?

I hate lucozade as well!! :(

I haven't heard that to be honest... Mine was nil by mouth (other than water) from midnight before, then they take your blood at the hospital, and then give you a sugary thick drink to gulp down after. 2 hour wait, then take your blood again

Thanks.. They told me they only do this test and only if this comes back they do the other blood test which requires no food etc.

I have a 500ml bottle but seems huge!

Just give them a ring and clarify, Gotta say I've never heard of it done this way

I had mine the other week.
You're meant to have nil by mouth about 12 hours before (not even gum) they take one blood when you arrive and give you a huge amount of Lucozade to drink and then you have to sit for 2 hours where they then take another blood.
Its so boring, especially as you have to sit in a normal waiting room for all that time!
D x

Thanks!

Mine was a little different. Only had to drink about 300 ml Lucozade about 1 hour before blood test and that was it.. I could eat and drink normally before and after. Think the test they did is an easier one and not as good as the one when you can eat but apparently they do this one first and if it comes back abnormal they do the other.

What happens if I would come back as diabetic? Is it dangerous for baby if it has been untreated for long? I doubt it since I don't have the usual signs.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back