blood test

sarah0202

Reaction score
i'm having my 28 blood tests this afternoon and have to drink so much lucozade first (yuck) i'm really hoping it stays down but been a bit sicky today does everyone have this test or is it only certain hospitals?

Is it the Glocuse Tolerance test?? In my area, they only test if you are high risk or show glucose in your wee.

I had a glucose tolerance test at 28 weeks to check for gestational diabeties as my sister is a diabetic.

i think they check your iron as well but i had to drink 273mls of original lucozade and have bloods taken one hour later to see how my body copes with the sugar, was in and out fairly quick and didn't hurt much so fingers crossed results will come back all normal x

Yeah that sounds like the glucose tolerance test...weird how different trust do things differently!! I had to wait two hours inbetween my two blood tests!!

i didn't have to starve or anything first just not eat or drink after i had my lucozade!

Strange i have to not eat from 9.00pm the night before untill the test and tehn wait two hours after sugar drink... If im starving myself all day for nothing ill kick off lol xx

I was the same redbear...nothing from 9pm night before other than water, then blood test, then drink, then another blood test two hours later...I felt awful after :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back