Glucose Tolerance Test/Gestational Diabetes

My sister had gestational diabetes and she said it was really easy to manage. Just stay away from sugar. She never needed any insulin.
I'm having my gtt on Tuesday, hoping it will be clear as I'm not sure I can deal with more complications.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Fingers crossed for you Rhiandell.

Mummy mine is at the docs and the midwife isn't in on Thursdays so I'll probably my just have a few old ladies to talk to ha ha xxx

I was diagnosed with GD a few weeks ago. It's a nightmare to start with because it's not just sugar you monitor its carbs as well. The things you think are okay surprise you! I test 4 times a day. I started to control it via diet but have recently started Metformin as my fasting levels were increasing. Breakfast is the worst, cereal and toast are out the window as they spike my levels :( it's all trial and error really, you find out what you can and can't have. However, despite this baby is okay and growing steadily and isn't big so that's a good sign!

Hi blondie101. I'm glad everything is good with your baby, and I hope it's a bit simpler for you now you have the medication to help!

I got my results yesterday and I don't have GD so feeling very lucky! Xxx

Hi blondie101. I'm glad everything is good with your baby, and I hope it's a bit simpler for you now you have the medication to help!

I got my results yesterday and I don't have GD so feeling very lucky! Xxx

That's brill news! Yeah it's easier now than it was- tried porridge this morning and got a low result!! When baby has arrived I've asked OH to bring me chocolate cake haha!

A whole chocolate cake I think - you will deserve it! Xxx

Haha don't tempt me! I was thinking about pain relief during birth and I think I might just stick a bottle of gin in and swig it haha (only joking)!

That's sorted then! I hear they have a litre bottle in Asda for £15 haha! Doing the birth plan on Monday with the midwife so I'll just mention my pain relief will be gin and tonic and not gas and air haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back