Giving Birth

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Ok I have started to think about how I want to give birth lately and I just wondered if anyone else had decided?

I have been told you can request a C section if you don't want the pain of a natural birth, but is that really good for the baby?

This is my first baby but I understand fully that a natural birth will hurt to buggery :rotfl:

Is anyone here requesting a C section or are you all going natural (if you can). Theres so much to start thinking about!!!

:hug:

They dont usually allow you to have a C section on the NHS unless its for medical reasons do they? :think:

I didn't think you could just request one and be given it :?

I dunno, its just what I have been told by people.
Maybe it varies area to area? Either that or or people are whinding me up :rotfl:

I hated having a c-section, I was induced 8 times because I kept begging for another go as I didn't want one although in the end I had no choice. I've made it clear this time that I no way want to have another c-section as it was worse than I'd imagined, the recovery too. I'd rather go through the pain of the birth than that every again. They told me though that as I have had one before although that doesn't mean I'd have another, it does mean they can't induce me again so I'm really worried the closer the time gets. I don't think it's bad at all for the baby though, no stress on them. :)

My m/w thinks I should go c section due to the fact that I had one last time, luckily I have a nice consultant who is giving me the choice at 34 weeks.

I think my choice will depend on babies weight and position and I know it is going to hurt to do it naturally but after my previous experience of a c section, I am hoping to do natural.... both scare me but I fancy the quick recovery this time but each to their own :hug:

The woman in the next room to me was having an elective cesarean but that was 7 years ago, maybe things have changed.

In my area you can only have a CS if there is a medical reason yeh!!

TBH Vicky, although the pain of natural childbirth is supposedly far greater than a CS, the Recovery pain of a CS is supposedly far greater and longer than a natural birth!

I for one would rather have say 12 hours of intense pain for a natural labour then a few weeks of discomfort down there than a CS and 6-8 weeks or longer of agony in my lower regions, causing me not to be able to drive and walk for long periods etc!

your choice though huni!

I for one, will be trying my hardest to push the bugger out naturally - ill just be thinking of a very large pint (of GIN lol) at the end of it to get me through :rotfl:

To be honest I fancy a natural birth, I don't mind pain :rotfl: I think my OH is more scared than me! I can be quite evil when I am in pain!!!

I didn't have a choice last time either :(

Wish I didn't this time, not an easy one to make ... I did honestly believe that it would be the easier option last time .....boy was I wrong!!!

The only reason I have to think about it this time is due to the fact that after a previous c section there is still only a 70% chance that natural delivery will succeed and I would hate to go through the natural pain to be sectioned in the end :?

kirlykird said:
I would hate to go through the natural pain to be sectioned in the end :?

yeh that really is a kick in the bloody teeth isn't it!!

Good luck with your decision Kirls

I can too Vicky! I am assuming my room will be being bleeped out as I can be filthy mouthed when I want to be!!

I am hoping for a natural birth as the recovery should be quicker! I was reading about c sections on this forum and the fact you can't drive for six weeks or something and I want to go around and show Teejy off!!!

jennywren said:
In my area you can only have a CS if there is a medical reason yeh!!

TBH Vicky, although the pain of natural childbirth is supposedly far greater than a CS, the Recovery pain of a CS is supposedly far greater and longer than a natural birth!

I for one would rather have say 12 hours of intense pain for a natural labour then a few weeks of discomfort down there than a CS and 6-8 weeks or longer of agony in my lower regions, causing me not to be able to drive and walk for long periods etc!
Mine was a nightmare afterwards, took about 8 months of recovery, I had an infection after bad care and was cut back open again after 6 months to be cleaned up... don't want to do that again without a good reason :shakehead:

kirlykird said:
Mine was a nightmare afterwards, took about 8 months of recovery, I had an infection after bad care and was cut back open again after 6 months to be cleaned up... don't want to do that again without a good reason :shakehead:

Ooooo that sounds terrible Kirls :hug:

Wah scaring me now Sam. My op went really well and the scar healed good but trying to shower the next day, ouch! For about two weeks after that I needed help and this time won't have it so I just can't have another c-section, PLEASE!

I believe you can have an elective caesarean, if the Dr thinks that your fear of the pain is so great as to warrant it.

Personally I'd rather not have a CS unless it becomes necessary.

Also the CS has more risks if you are carrying a bit of extra weight like me!

what about the baby? having a natural birth is usually the safest way to deliver and theyre less likely to have breathing difficulties or problems. i really think that cs should only be done if really necessary if the pain is an issue have an epidural you know what i mean? if you need to have a cs cos there is a genuine risk to baby or you then fine but choosing to have one i think is a poor decision.

my hubby is afraid of c section idea..He wanted it in my birth plan no c section LOL( he thinks it will look like something from the alien) i told him i will do whats best for the baby if i am advised i need one i'll have one but I don't want the recovery period from c section.

I don't see why people would elect to have a c section unless it is a medical need.

A few weeks ago I was really poorly, kept having panic attacks and wasnt able to eat and sleep because I was SO anxious about the impending birth.

I had to be referred to a consultant to discuss my options and was all set to ask for an elective C Sec because of all my fears.

However, the consultant did not take kindly to it and said its definately not advisable unless its for physical medical reasons. He talked me through pain relief and we devised a birth plan and now I feel so much better.

A C Sec is major surgery and I am pleased im going to give it a bash naturally because in a way, if I had opted out and demanded a C Sec I think I would have somehow cheated myself and my baby of a natural birth you know?? This is obviously not the case when you have to have an emergency C Sec, and if I was still really terrified I would have pushed that bit more for a section and I understand totally the reasons why childbirth phobics do and thats cool.

But deep down I know I wanna do it naturally, so im braving it despite my anxieties and hoping it all goes ok for me.

This is going to sound sick & bizzarre but i'm really looking forward to the birth - the contractions - the pain - the distress - bring it on!!! :shock:
(can you tell this is my first lol)

Yeh u can only request a C section if you have had one previously or there is a medical reason, otherwise i'd beg for one!!!!!!!!!! :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back