Low lying placenta

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
Hi girlies

At my scan today, the consultant saw me afterwards and explained my placenta was lying a bit low...I have heard of this before and I know if it lies low it covers the cervix during labour so you cant have a natural birth??
She said it will more than likely move up, and not to worry-I am not worried to be honest but was wondering if anyone else had this and will it mean a c section????

Thanks xxx

I've not had this bt it kind of depends how far over it is covering the cervix at this point in time, and wether ti has much space to move. Normally, as the uterus grows it is naturally pulled away from your cervix, but sometimes this doesn't always happen. Have they given you a date for a re-scan nearer your due date? xx

Im not saying this is definately what will happen to you hun but the secretary who works at Rich's garage is pregnant and when she went for her 20 week scan they told her the placenta was low lying. She has to have a C-Section now as it hasnt moved. They just dont risk it otherwise.

Fingers crossed the placenta moves up!!!!!!! At least with a C Sec you will feel no labour pain hun :)

She said she was confident it would move, and just been looking in my hospital notes, it says low lying placenta but no need to re scan???

How will they know if its moved I wonder if I dont get re scanned??? :think:

Its probably a little bit low lying then hun...but not much as otherwise they would definately re-scan you im sure of it.

They must be pretty definate it will move as you say so try not to worry, you are in safe hands. I hate all these technical jargon they use! :hug:

It's is probably only lightly over then hun. If you had placenta previa they would rescan you. If there was any cause for concern I'm sure they'd of booked you in but try not to worry, it's normal for the placenta to sit lower till you get to the 2nd half of the pregnancy and then it goes up :)

Thanks girlies, I was a little confused :think: :oops: feel a bit stupid sometimes as I know nothing about pregnancy, so glad I found this forum!!! Its a God send!!

Just thought too, I am having a 4d scan in October, they asked me to bring my hozzie notes to that so surely they will spot if there is a prob?? Or would they not mention it as they arent a hospital?? :think: :think:

zoe c said:
Hi girlies

At my scan today, the consultant saw me afterwards and explained my placenta was lying a bit low...I have heard of this before and I know if it lies low it covers the cervix during labour so you cant have a natural birth??
She said it will more than likely move up, and not to worry-I am not worried to be honest but was wondering if anyone else had this and will it mean a c section????

Thanks xxx

Oooooh I don't know anything about low lying placentas......but the sonographer mentioned mine was low today, I was so pleased to see twiglet I didn't think to question it?! :shock: I will ask about it at my 20 week scan........Hope it all works out OK for you hun and it moves up :pray: :hug: xx

EDIT - Just seen Sami's MSG........so I am normal for my stage!! :doh: But atleast I know to double check...so thank you girls.

Also if there is a prob at your 4D scan hun, they WILL contact the hospital, that is partly why they need your notes hun, so don't worry! :hug:

zoe c said:
Hi girlies

Thanks xxx

my sister had this and she had a section.
They will more than likely scan you later on nearer the birth to check its moved. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about it hun, Mine was low lying with Jack
It moved on its own as it was only just covering my cervix and as baby got bigger it moved uptowhere it shoud've bee and i had normal delivery with Jack

Hi ya

I have a low lying placenta, they have booked me in for a re scan at 32 weeks but my midwife read my notes and she seems to think it will move upwards, i'd speak to your midwife and try and get them to book you in for a re scan, just for peace of mind!!, its a great excuse to see your baby again!!

Suex

hi zoe i 2 have a low lying placenta and have a scan next wednesday to c if it has moved i will b 36 weeks, i cant understand why the arnt scanning u agian though, i will let u know the outcome of mine as they never mentioned c section.

tracyxx

Willl mention it at 28 week midwife app.

Thanks my lovely ladies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back