C-section Vs natural birth

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I know that c-section is a real possibility for me, one reason is my cysts and the 2nd is cos I broke my back last year and mw is worried about the pressure full term will put on the break site (she said it's at risk of breaking again as it's just above my pelvis) so a possible early c-section, about 36 weeks I think she said. My best mate is really going on about how wonderful c-section is, 4 years after the event I might add, at the time she was horrified and has not had a natural birth to compare it to.

I am worried about natural birth (getting a peanut M&M out of my nostril was painful enough :shock:) but also worried about c-section. Apart from having a wound which could get infected you can't drive for 6 weeks and I honestly think I would go mental asking for lifts and stuff.....I'm far too independent for my own good I think. Also if we are still stuck at the FIL's for any reason I just cannot spend all day in this house for my own sanity. Then again I don't want to miss out on stuff with the baby cos my back has broken again......aaaaarrrrggghhhhh!

I don't know why I'm writing this or even worrying about it at only 21 weeks but just wondering what everyone else thinks really xxxxxxxx

I would probaly just say it would be better to get a c section because its only about 6 weeks that you couldn't drive for and if you broke your back then it would be much longer plus you may not be able to do a lot of things with your little baby. I know its really hard not to worry about things like this, I find out in a few weeks whether or not I will need a section. I am looking foward to finding out though its another thing I don't need to worry about x

Thats a horrible situation to be in hun, you've got to do whats for you. I would say under normal situations a natural birth is the best way to go as everyone ive spoken to says the recovery from c-section is not good and much slower but weighing up the risks you dont want a broken back and not be able to look after baby :hugs: xx

I would be fine if I knew for certain but they've not really given me a definite answer. Everything is a maybe lol.

Just booked to see the mw on the 5th for my matb1 form so might ask her again lol

ye i guess they can only give you a guess, better to be safe though than risk your back? maybe the consultant can give you a rough percentage chance of injuring your back? xx

They will book you in nearer the time, probably about your 32 weeks, are you on consultant lead care? I imagine when you go to the hospital they will discuss it with you. When I was 36 weeks I got told my date for induction with Leo as I am diabetic and need baby out sooner than due date. I had a section after failed induction hun. Must say I would prefer a section this time to what they did to me.

You just need to look at the pros and cons hun and ask your MV or consultant for advice then demand what you want not what they throw at you. I pleaded for section 24 hours before they gave me one.

Last edited:
I'm consultant lead for my cysts but it seems the mw is in control where my back is concerned. I haven't got the consultant til the 9th Jan when I will be 28/29 weeks but will certainly discuss all options with him then. Its all so confusing the first time round tbh

i would just ask how high the risks are with summat going wrong with ur back as if u can go for natural labour i would, as i experienced both sides and prefer labour!! after section recovery was so much slower i came out of hospital unable to stand long enough to sterilise and make bottles after section and felt hopeless i could'nt even move across the bed to get to baby without being in lots of pain :eh: sneezing and coughing and laughing was also painful!!

But if thats what they recommend be prepered that u might not wanna be running around and wanting to drive coz of the healing process, hope u find out soon :) x

Oh dear poor you!

I think I would wait and see how my back faired if i were you, you may be in a alot of pain and prefer the section then but equally you may be fine and decide to go through a natural delivery.

The one thing iwould say is that should you break your back again is there a risk of long term problems and what sort of recovery would it involve - easier / harder, longer / shorter that section?

xxx

well this is the thing, when it broke first time I could afford to have the chiropractor set it straight twice a week for 6 weeks, won't be able to afford it on maternity leave so in that respect it would be better to have the c-section.....also it really bloody hurt rofl

I think I just have to stop worrying about it and see what happens, I might win the lottery by then and have baby in a plush private hospital with a chiropractor on hand :lol:

I am having a c-sec hun. I know lots of people want and need to give birth naturally but sometimes you need to think of yourself and not just of the babe. I had a emergency c-sec with my first which was traumatic and stressful but I recovered quick and was able to do things for baby. As a single mum back then it was that or babe would have starved or been ill! This time it will be planned as my ultimate fear is that I will be brave and try but will run into the emergency situation because I won't have the strength to push with my back and hips because of the arthritis and spd. I don't wanna risk babes life being in a situation where it becomes a emergency. I would rather have the pain and longer recovery time but know i did whats best for all of us.

Don't beat yourself up about it. Sometimes its just not right for some people to give birth naturally. Sorry if I have gone on a bit but I do that. Just know that sometimes people can be so anti c-secs that a positive result can happen they are not all doom and gloom. xxxxxxxx

Either way sweetheart it will be your phone going mad.....for your own sake you might wanna hope I have a 20 minute c-section and not a 50 hour labour :rofl:

Seeing as I have been told we have to be at hospital for 7am and just wait till theatre is available then yours will be red hot all day. The Oh will be driving me up the wall worrying and fussing so will be texting to keep sane!!! lol. I shall look forward to it either way. Now what happens if we go in on the same day!!!!!! lol

Well we've pretty much matched so far on appointments so it ain't impossible :shock: we'll know nearer the time and shout out for a third lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back