gift of a child service?

pilkers

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a Thanksgiving service for their child rather than a baptism?

I wanted Evie christened but OH wasn't keen. Neither of us are very religious but I do believe and was brought up to attend church and Sunday school. Although my mum wasn't really a believer she let me make my own decisions and I gave up attending Sunday school at about the age of 7.

Anyway, we've been to see our vicar and he offered us the baptism that I wanted or a thanksgiving service which is a kind of shorter version where you thank god for the gift of a child and prayers are said for her and for us as a family.

I really like the idea and it would be the ideal compromise between OH and me.

What do you think...have anyone had one before?

charlotte had a dedication which sounds the same..she was just mentioned at the end of the normal service and we had to go and present ehr to god..we did it for her fathers mother.. not for us..was ok..

This sounds like a great idea! Like you, OH and I had differing opinions on the issue of Baptism. So, after seeing your post I have done some research and this 'Thanksgiving' service sounds perfect and exactly the kind of celebration we are looking for. Thank you for giving us the idea! Hope you go ahead and enjoy the day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back