Christenings

Jade&Evie

Reaction score
OH and I aren't religious but a few people have mentioned when Evie is going to be christened... :?

Although I love the ideaof everyone coming together and celebrating the fact she has been born; I don't really want to 'pretend' we are religious to do it. :wall: We also like the idea of 'godparents' but our best mate who is like a rock to the both of us is a muslim so he wouldn't be a very good choice :wink: :rotfl: We want him to feeli like he's more than just our mate though- and to be special to Evie too.

Anyone got a suggestion for a non religious 'christening'?

Naming ceremony - that's the non-religious equvalent.

I want a Christening but the OH doesn't. Our families have never met so we need to do something that we can get both families together. But we don't have much money so i don't know what to do either.

I'm having a naming ceremony in August - I just want a chance to get everybody together to make our commitments to him in front of people and welcome him to the family. Especially since both sets of grandparents live over 300 miles away so it doesn't feel like we really celebrated him properly when he was born.

I'm hiring a hall (whic was £55 for the day) and I've chosen my cousin and best friend to be supporting adults, which is similar to godparents. I'd definitely look into naming ceremonies if you want something non religious. You can hire someone to do them, or write them yourselves and get a family member or yourself to read it out - I just bought a book with some sample ceremonies in and my mum is delivering it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back