gettting back in shape

confuzed 88

Reaction score
Hi ladies
I've been thinking about making a plan about loosing weight,starting hopefully in 3 weeks once 6weeks have past.. I feel more energetic now so think ill be ready by then.. has anyone though5 about getting back into shape? I had a c section and my tummy looks horrendous n saggy.. I don't wana buy new clothes as I don't wana stay this size.. another thing is I'm breastfeeding.. anyone in same boat as me, who has had a c sect and breastfeeding...Do I sound selfish wanting to rush into loosing weight, I'm just such a conscious person :'(

All I can say is that after 6 weeks I still couldn't do any exercise after my c-section, still hurt like hell! So just be careful hun and take it easy!
XxX

You don't sound selfish at all, I'm already thinking about a plan to lose weight. I had I high bmi before falling pregnant & I'm sure that's why I got pregnancy diabetes so want to make big changes & reduce the risk of it happening if I have another baby.
I don't have any advice re: the c section but would say don't overdo it straight away with exercise, focus on healthy eating (plus the breastfeeding will help shed the pounds) xx

Talk to the doctor before doing anything hun.

I have not had a c section but do know it's classed as major surgery and I think 6 weeks might be a little early to be doing anything strenuous.

I do breastfeed tho and would advise you properly establish breastfeeding before doing anything else. Or you could end up affecting your milk supply. Also don't try any diets while feeding just eat a balanced diet and get out walking with the pushchair! X

Hiya,

I only had my section on wednesday so dont have much advice regarding the weight loss. I however am in the same boat and i dont think your selfish at all... I'm also a very concious person and i am starting already to think about loosing the weight. Every woman still needs to have a bit of time thinking about themselves othewise we'd always feel rubbish... it doesnt mean we love our babies any less.

All the best!

xxx

I had a csectioin and am breastfeeding.

Breastfeeding certainly does help the weight to fall off, I'm still BFing oscar now (he's 8 months) and it's still helping the weight fall off.

To start with just get out walking, you will be surprised how your body will change week by week. Think I waited til Oscar was about 4 months til I bought new clothes, and now they are far too big and I'm also back to pre-preg size.

I did alot of walking for about 4 months then I started running again, I used to run before pregnancy (and during for the first 4 months) so my body was used to it.

You could try swimming, it's a great for of exercise too.

But yeah, walking is great, really helped kick start my weight loss.

I hated my csection tummy, first time I looked at it I cried so bad for ages, but you learn to accept it. My body will never be the same as it was before, but it's ok because without that csection my baby would've died so I'm learning to look at it differently now.

xxxxxxx

I didnt have a C section but i did breast feed for 5 weeks. I started dieting at about 4 weeks after the birth and walking. Just cutting out the majority of carbs makes a huge difference! x

After a c-section be cery careful what you do. I have had three and even as much as 6 months after you still get achey and stingy. Just gentle walking for a little while will help xx

i was worried about still being achey..and my back really seems to hurt when i walk..i thought maybe do light yoga in a few weeks and walk on the treadmill at a steady pace..maybe take J out for a ride in his buggy so i can get some exercise n fresh air...i just hate the way my tummy hangs low it ugly!!! p.s. anyone using any postnatal support control pants?

yes ive been using them! Ive lost almost 3 stone so feeling great but tummy skin is still bit loose and these make my clothes look so much nicer on me - someone bought me them as a joke but i love them lol! x

I went back to the gym at 11 weeks post c section and I had to take it very easy. Just listen to your body and take it slow. You are advised to wait 12 weeks after to start exercising. Breast feeding will help it all as well. But honestly I'd wait more than 6 weeks before a treadmill or anything.

yes ive been using them! Ive lost almost 3 stone so feeling great but tummy skin is still bit loose and these make my clothes look so much nicer on me - someone bought me them as a joke but i love them lol! x

What make are the pants?

I had a c-section and am still breastfeeding 9 months on. The breastfeeding defo helps with the weight loss (as long as you dont snack during night feeds - something I did at the start). For me I didnt start anything above walking (I was doing country walks with baby in the sling from 2 and a half weeks old) until LO was 12 weeks old, dont rush the strenuous stuff cos you might end up injuring yourself and then you cant do anything to get fitter.

I found gentle exercise, building up as I went, snacking less, drinking lots of water and making sure I got my 5 a day got me losing weight and feeling healthier quite quickly - I lost 2 stone and 2 dress sizes (now a 10, was top end of 14) just by making little and permanent changes, Good Luck!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back