Body worries...

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
I know this is abit of a personal question, but how much did your bodies change, and did you go back to how you were before pregnancy, if so how long did it take to get back in shape? I'm worried about saggy boobs (is it true breastfeeding makes them saggy?) and tummy after pregnancy. I've already put on 22lbs and it's really stressing me out :(

I have to say breastfeeding hasn't made any dramatic changes to my boob shape and I fed for a fair while - one or two teeny stretch marks under my arms kinda area but no sagging etc afterwards. Tummy wise I'm still struggling with that but then thats kinda my own fault for needing to loose weight pre-pregnancy anyway so now trying to loose pre-pregnancy, pregnancy and post-pregnancy weight! It's not like loose/flappy skin that you have right after giving birth, that all tighened up by the time LO was about 4 months old. You'll find the yonger you are the quicker things will return to normal for you as the skin has more elasticity in it - anyway I know for me the second my son was here I no longer cared about sagging boobs and flappy tummies, I had the most perfect little bundle in the world and I'm sure you'll feel the same, the few stretch marks etc are sooooo worth it, don't stress over 22lbs, it's seriously nothing at all xx

Thankyou. I lost 24lbs just before I got pregnant, which meant I was no longer over weight and was the smallest I'd been for a loooong time. And now I've nearly put it all back on and it upsets me so much because I worked so hard. I'm just worried it will be even harder to lose the weight after I've had my baby, it was hard enough before :(

There's a thread in health+beauty of before and after pictures but not sure if that would make you feel any better lol.

I went back to size pretty quickly within a few weeks, and breastfeeding really helped that (when I fed I could feel my tummy thinning down!). I don't know if I'd describe my post-7-months-breastfeeding boobs as saggy, but they've kept their breastfeeding size :cheer: I suppose they are a bit more squishy but I wouldn't say saggy... I prefer them now actually. The main thing I would say is don't worry if you don't get back into your clothes sizes... I am about as thin as I was before being pregnant but my shape has completely changedso I can't fit the same sizes anymore. My hips are wider, boobs are bigger, so I fit bigger sizes, but not in a bad way if that makes sense.

iv pretty much got my pre-preg body back :cheer:

but dont expect it to return within days, weeks, or even months!

i put on a lot of weight while preg mainly due to my- um... healthier lifestyle; i was less than 7st before and was 11 and half at full term. my boobs went from B cups to DD cups (and when milk came in probably more like E cups) and i got some little stretchmarks on them at 38 weeks.

my tummy was big and squidgey just after the birth, and i looked in the mirror b4 my shower i was made to have b4 the MWs could leave my home, and i looked like an old woman, boobs, belly and ass just sagged!

i lost 2st in 2 weeks without even trying, but the next 2st took another 8 months (not trying just BFing and running around after baby!) the last half st has taken a bit of effort recently.

but my tummy is now completely flat, im an A cup i dont need a bra, my boobs are pert (tho they dont weigh much theres not much to em anymore lol!) and the stretchmarks hav disappeared.

the tummy went down quickly with BFing (its true u can feel it pulling back into shape as ur baby suckles!), the stretchies faded with daily bio-oil and the weight mostly came off with BFing and being busier.

but, i posted in general discussion about this, there are 2 main changes in my body:
1. my muscley biceps (from carrying my 21lb+ daughter under one arm everywhere!), and
2. my gap at the top of my thighs (not sure if thats from pregnancy or the actual birth!)

dont be disheartened if u look bad for a few months, i can promise its possible to be pert and toned again, as i am after only 10 months. apparently it takes 2yrs for ur body to recover from childbirth! :shock:

and BFing did not harm my boobs, they are not saggy or droopy or anything, and i breast-fed exclusively for 8 months! :hug:

Thank's girls :hug: I probably wont care when I'm holding my LO in my arms anyway.

To be honest I think it will be the furthest thing from your mind when you've got your baby in your arms, you simply won't have time to think about it too much with a newborn to look after.

Yoga really helped me after I had my son, it's fantastic for tummies. Things are never going to be as pert and tight as they used to be but with a little effort nobody else needs to know about that. Avon do a great range in tightening creams for the tummy and thighs and it helps reduce the appearance of stretch marks too.

I've just had my second baby less than 3 weeks ago and my body is behaving itself beautifully this time. I'm back in tight t-shirts and size 10 trousers already and have been since a week after the birth. No new stretch marks, just the ones left from my first.

Breast feeding helps a lot, and put extra effort into daily household tasks if you don't have time to exersize. x

trixipaws said:
i put on a lot of weight while preg mainly due to my- um... healthier lifestyle; i was less than 7st before and was 11 and half at full term. my boobs went from B cups to DD cups (and when milk came in probably more like E cups) and i got some little stretchmarks on them at 38 weeks.

Wow we're almost like twins lol
I was 8st when I got pg with my first and went upto 11 1/2 stone! My boobs went from 34B to 38 DD, E when the milk came in!

Although thats where the similarities end lol! I never got back to my pre pregnancy size! I was diagnosed with and underactive thyroid and they weight just climbs and never drops lol! I dont think I'll ever see a size 8 on my again but Im ok with that!!

i was 8 and a half before being preg and the day i gave birth i was about 11stone. Within a week or so after i was back at 8 and a half stone and just kept losing weight. I think your more active so the pounds come off quick.

my tummy is the flattest its ever been with no lose skin but my boobs, don't even go there!! they are f*cked. I have implants and the right one when i was BF kept ging into a cone shape and i kept having tomassage it back to normal!! They are lower than they were with some loose skin-nice!!

i got some stretchies on my bum but they have faded and with a tan and covermark lotion on them you can't see them.

i was worried when i was preg about losing weight after but seriously its the last thing on your mind after giving birth!!

enjoy your preg, i wish i had more!

my body was/is a mess too. my baby was a huge bump and she was quite a fair size so i have abit of a saggy belly but breastfeedin made it go down quite alot, my boobs are still as big as they always were and the same shape too, relax u will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back