getting your pregnancy confirmed

robtans1st

Reaction score
Hello again ladies!

I wrote a previous message about thinking there was a possibility that I was pregnant, I'm booked in to see a midwife at my doctors on thursay to get it confirmed but I'm not really sure as to what to expect? The wait is so scary, I haven't done a test since friday and I'm so paranoid that when I get there she will say no!

Any help as to what to expect when I go?

Thanks in advance

Xx

Hello

Dont be scared - it will probably be very straightforward.

I remember being quite disappointed at my first doctors appointment when I was pregnant with dd - he just took my word for it that i was pregnant (pregnancy tests are so accurate now they dont bother doing their own) worked out my due date, told me not to eat smelly cheese or seafood and sent me on my merry way.

I then had to wait a couple of weeks after that for a midwife to come to the house to take some general details and put in for the first scan. If you are seeing a midwife she may do all the background stuff with you straight away - like medical history etc and you can ask her any questions you like about what to expect.

Good luck!

Jenni x

Thanks!

I've read some people go to see a doctor first before seeing a midwife but the receptionist booked me straight in to see the midwife. Is this right? Also will I need to take anything with me? A urine sample maybe? Lol I feel so overwhelmed by it all (sat here feeling so sick too!)

Xx

I am in the same boat I'm going on Friday booked in wig the doctor but I've decided in gonna call back tomorrow and clarify they know exactly why I'm coming ect
I also feel paranoid I did 2 test 1 early hours sat and 1 fmu on sat and seem to have my bfp but still can't quite believe it as my 2 nd line was faint
Oh the wait is torture!!!
Congrats honey xx

HI, similar to you I did a first response test yesterday that showed up a faint positive - it was a more faint line, but there was no doubting that there was a line. I'm not due my period until Saturday at the earliest - it's been coming between 27 and 29 days, so any time Saturday to Monday. Do I make a dr appointment now, or shall I wait until I do another test?? The waiting is terrible :whistle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back