getting your baby sleeping rite though ????

rosie09

Reaction score
hi,

has anyone got any tips on getting a baby sleeping rite though the night ?

:nap:

oooo i shall be watching this thread like a hawk lol! doubt theres any secret 2 it i think baby does it when they are ready but we'll see.

Paige doesnt sleep right through yet, but shes now sleeping from 8-9pm until 4am, so its a good chunk of the night! I noticed she started doing this once I did a routine every evening. Not at first, but after a few days of it she knew when her last bottle was and drifts off on her own around this time now. But deffinatly agree with mel, I think babies do it once theyre ready really.

Lacey didn't sleep through till 6 months!! I'm hoping little man sleeps through quicker than her!

Charlie slept through from 9ish til 7am from about 8 weeks when we started a bedtime routine. It was bath, massage, bottle, bed.....he would wake sometimes 6/7am have a bottle then back down sometimes til about 11am, it was BLISS!!!! With the school runs this time though dont think that will be happening for a long time lol

well technically sleeping thorugh means 5 hours or more apparently.

annabelle sleeps from 7pm tiill about 1am now. i have a strict bedtime routine for her every night, bath (with calming body wash) pyjamas, cuddle and bottle and bed. she falls asleep easily and when she wakes at 1am its just to eat then goes straight back to sleep.

i think its routine. making sure they eat lots during the day and before bed so they wont get woken up by hunger, and also differentiating between night and day. so at night make feed extra quiet / dim lights / no talking to your baby. in the day have her nap in a light room, plenty of interaction when shes awake.

i have read soo much stuff on this lol.

Good luck.

Katie slept through from 5 weeks, from 11-6 anyway which I was pretty pleased with! I started expressing when she was about 3 weeks and my hubby fed her my milk in a bottle at about 10ish, she was a slow eater! I'll be doing the same thing this time round too. Also she went into her own room at 3 weeks, she was a very light sleeper. This certainly helped.

All the best xx

Zach sleeps from 10 til 6.30, has a bottle then goes back until about 10. I haven't got a routine, but going to start one in the next few days, even if it does mean him waking up in the night again (not looking forward to this!). I think babies just sleep through when they are ready xxx

Emily now sleeps from about 8.30 am till about 7am. Although she did wake up at 4 this morning for a little feed. We do the same as alot of the girls. Bath about half 7, cream on, while her cream is drying she has a play on her changing mat, jammies on, bottle and bed!!! Sometimes she doesnt want a bottle before bed depending on when she had her last but she usually still goes through!

She is still asleep now. she went down at 8 last night. woke up at 4.30 (was only up for about 15 mins) xxx

its my 3 day of my rounten bath bottle bed last night put him to bed and he eyes came open lol he never got to sleep till 1pm all thou i did get 3 hours sleep and thats good for him his up 2 hours any other time hopeful in a week or two he will be sleeping 5 hours x

Zach sleeps from 10 til 6.30, has a bottle then goes back until about 10. I haven't got a routine, but going to start one in the next few days, even if it does mean him waking up in the night again (not looking forward to this!). I think babies just sleep through when they are ready xxx

:shock: i would pay good money to anyone who can make my baby do this!!!!!

its my 3 day of my rounten bath bottle bed last night put him to bed and he eyes came open lol he never got to sleep till 1pm all thou i did get 3 hours sleep and thats good for him his up 2 hours any other time hopeful in a week or two he will be sleeping 5 hours x

morgan used to do this until i introduced music to him routine. put a calming music cd on at the start of the routine and by the time hes had his feed his eyes are drooping, i can put him down and leave the CD play to the end and i have no problems. i dont turn his light on or talk to him during night feeds and mostly he just goes straight back to sleep cos hes hardly woken up in the first place. when its morning he comes into my bed for a feed so he never thinks the night feeds are morning IYKWIM?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back