Sleeping through the night...

rakrak

Reaction score
Hiya,

Just wondered if anyone has any tips on getting a little one to sleep throughout the night - or at least start getting them to go a bit longer?
My little man is 12 weeks today and he wakes up around 4ish in the morning for a feed. He does this regardless of what time I feed him or put him to bed earlier in the evening. I know every baby is different but it's just everyone seems so shocked that he isn't sleeping through...

To be honest I count myself lucky as I'm only up once with him but the selfish side of me would just luuuurrrvvveee to be able to sleep through...

Thanks in advance xxx

I know its really annoying when people say this but do you have him in a good routine?

Emily was sleeping about 4/5 hours at a time but we started a routine with her. Bath and bed at the exact same time very night (if she was tired or not - which she neary always is!) and now she goes 9 hours easily!!!

I put her in her basket tonight at half 7 and she was wide awake. Didnt hear a peep from her ans he is now fast off and will be till about 5am! She will be up for about 15 mins for a quick feed and be back down till about 9am.

ROUTINE ALL THE WAY worked for us but as you say, all babies are dfferent

Is surprised I've only got one reply to this... thanks Erin, really appreciate your response xxx

monty didnt sleep through the night till he was 6 months old lol, in the end when he woke I give him cooled boiled water he soon stopped waking for it.

Ethan was sleeping through the night since he was 12weeks old - he has a set routine at roughly the same time every night and that really helps. He was the same as your LO he kept waking at 4-5 for a feed but he just stopped on his own so don't think theres much you can do about it. But now at 17 weeks he wakes at 1am for a feed!!! The 5 weeks was lovely while it lasted :lol: ! I have given him 2 spoon fulls of baby rice today - so hope that helps.

Good luck on getting 12 hours xxxx

awe thank-you guys...

Have tightened my routine so hopefully he'll start going a bit longer. I bathed and fed him for half seven and have put him straight in his cot upstairs. The monitors are on and he hasn't gone to sleep yet but he's not crying - I can hear him babbling away to himself...

Tighter times and exactly the same routine every single night seems to be the way forward so thanks again xx

your have to lets us know tomorrow how little man got on. Xxx

We went with controlled crying with our guy and he pretty much sleeps through now x

haha, well he woke at 1.30am so I just fed him, keeping the room dark with no noise and put him straight back into his cot. He went straight to sleep so I thought I was in for a long sleep but he woke again at 5.30am and decided it was play time!!! Oh well, perseverence I suppose...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back