Baby books - are they worth it?

pinkymum

Reaction score
Hi mummies :)
I.wanted opinions on baby books. Like books for the first year about routines, feeding, sleeping etc. I know some people aren't in to them at all, and others are.
Has anyone found a book that they swear by? I know that all babies are different but have thought of getting one for some more tips :)

And if you're not into the baby book thing did you find anything else helpful apart from pf?

Appreciate any opinions! Oh and don't get me wrong, I know there is no manual for baby hehe.
X

Hey
I'm the sort who loves to read to prepare and read quite a few diff ones. No book was that great on it's own but did find parts of the baby whisperer v helpful. I go to the library a lot so much cheaper. From there i have borroed 'baby's first year what to expext' which is a huge book and v v useful (but not sure i'd buy it) Also got a load of weaning books from library. And the book by 'sears and sears' v v interesting (kinda an alternative one). Hope that helps!

Get down to the library!! :)

Hey
I'm the sort who loves to read to prepare and read quite a few diff ones. No book was that great on it's own but did find parts of the baby whisperer v helpful. I go to the library a lot so much cheaper. From there i have borroed 'baby's first year what to expext' which is a huge book and v v useful (but not sure i'd buy it) Also got a load of weaning books from library. And the book by 'sears and sears' v v interesting (kinda an alternative one). Hope that helps!

Get down to the library!! :)

Oh good idea about the library :) I'm the same about anything I like to read things and prepare if I can.

x

I have the pregnancy bible and was really helpful - got a section about baby first aid and after babies born - i dont tend to look at it much now but always flicking through it when i was pregnant!!!

You get given a birth to 5 book after you have your baby and I find that quite useful.
If I have any queries though, I come on here 1st! Lol

i come on here but after reading peoples comments i defo gonna try the library- dunno why i never thought of that before... although its always just be and the baby in the daytimes im not sure people would appreciate a screaming baby in there (it would be just my luck he'd wake up or something as we walked through the door lol :shock:)

i come on here but after reading peoples comments i defo gonna try the library- dunno why i never thought of that before... although its always just be and the baby in the daytimes im not sure people would appreciate a screaming baby in there (it would be just my luck he'd wake up or something as we walked through the door lol :shock:)

Our library do a sing and read session with babies. (its pretty noisy :lol: ) and they all only a couple of weeks/months old, Il be signing my lo up for it when she arrives. maybe your libary has something similar and you can combine the two?

Last edited:
Now thats an idea! I know the library a bit further away from me has a huge childrens section away from the main library so they very well might have something like that! ill have to look into it, would make a nice morning/afternoon out if available :) good call! xx

Ived got "What to Expect - Babys first year" Also one called entertaining babies n toddlers. Mostly i havent used the what to expect one except to check milestones lol

Both times I was pregnant I got a big thick book in my bounty pack which was great. From each stage of pregnancy right up to doing Nappies etc. Not much help to you I'm afraid because I don't think you can buy them though

I haven't bought any books, I've tried to go on instinct more than anything because I think if your baby is anything other than what the book considers 'normal' then it would make me into a paranoid mother lol! If I get really stuck on something I'll look on the net, otherwise I ask these lovely ladies :)

The only baby book I have is the BLW book this time and i didnt have any books last time x x everything else I did by instinct x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back