Getting Mad.

Melody

Reaction score
I don't know if its just hormones or what but lately its trying to get blood out of stone with my boyfriend he doesn't ask how im feeling i ask him if hes excited about the baby all i get is an unenthusiastic "well yeah" i really dont know what to say or do im so happy about this baby but it doesn't seem like its sunk in with him yet i could be wrong. Also he smokes weed not around me but in his own time and is not going to give it up and made that clear and hes stressing he cant get any at the moment help please.

My Partner is the exact same. He doesn't smoke drugs though (I have a massive opinion on wasters that do this lol) I don't get a lot of enthusiasm either out of mine, don't think I'm going to either! Not til the baby is here anyway.
Not sure I've got any advice really, other than try and not concentrate on getting him excited about the baby, try doing just normal couple things with him like you did before you were pregnant. I think sometimes us women change a lot during pregnancy and all of a sudden the men have this completely different person to contend with, and I think that can be a bit of a shock. X

My OH has been the same, I don't think he's ever asked if I'm ok apart from the last couple of weeks whenever I've been screaming in pain! He gets really bored shopping for baby things and when I say come and feel your son kicking he puts his hand on my belly for all of three seconds then gets bored and carries on doing what he was doing.
Personally I think its just crap for men, they don't experience everything first hand so I think that just makes it less exciting for them. Its only been the past week or so he's really started paying an interest and I think its because he knows soon therell be an actual real life little person and he can get involved properly.

Just try and enjoy everything that happens during your pregnancy and really cherish the moments he does get involved other than that I don't know what else to say! Just don't let him spoil it for you chick XX

MEN!

They don't understand, half of them. Maybe it hasn;t hit him yet because you're only still 14 weeks. Once bump starts appearing he might change?

I hope he does change. I can;t imagine having an uninterested partner during pregnancy.

xx

I think hes just nervous about it all as i am. His ex was pregnant too years before he met me he got excited and she had an abortion i suppose hes just scared of it happening again.

You are still quite early on too, he may feel uncomfy (if that's the right word) getting excited just now untill you are 24+ weeks. My OH wouldnt let me tell anyone that I was pregnant untill then as he has been through 3 miscarriages with his ex and didnt want to have to deal with telling people i'm pregnant and then god forbid, i had a MC and all these people constantly asking hows the pregnancy and having to tell everyone it's gone,etc. You should speak to him and find out exactly how he's feeling,etc.

My OH doesnt get excited about anything either, says he is excited about the baby but doesnt act it that much or show it that much. Doesnt like going shopping for baby stuff etc. He's got 2 daughters with his ex already, so could just be bcos he's done it all before, no-one knows apart from him.

Make a pregnancy ticker

I know how you feel its the same with me,my OH to me just seems like he doesn't care.i Dont think he is that intrested and i feel like Im alone in this.Im sure your boyfriend is happy about it but in his own way.men are not emotional like us.

Pppfff men thats all i can say mine was the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back