• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Getting down about lack of bump :-(

amandapanda

Reaction score
Well I'm 15 weeks today and I look no different to before I was pregnant :-(

As a larger lady (size 20) I guess I knew it would take me longer to show, but I see pics of people at 6 weeks preg with their little bumps it makes me feel kind of sad. At the moment I just don't even look or feel pregnant, so I'm feeling really detached from the whole experience. I've put on half a stone but just on my hips and bum, so I just feel fatter not pregnant! Sometimes my belly feels a little harder but that's about it.

I haven't bought anything for the baby or planned anything - mainly because at the moment I only live in a 1 bed flat and we need to save up to move to a 2 bed after Xmas, so I have no nursery to prepare and nowhere to put anything , so I can't even get excited about that :wall2: I am so happy to be pregnant but just wish I could be more excited, it just doesn't seem real right now.

I really want a bump then I think it will all fall into place :-(

Ok girls, thanks for listening, rant over :violin:

Amanda xx

I wouldn't worry I'm a size 14 and i didn't start to show until I was about 17-18 weeks, just looked as though i had put on a bit of weight. Just hang in there it will happen for you soon!
XxX

Hi there, Amanda.

I'm 17 weeks tomorrow and you would not know I was pregnant if you were looking from the outside! My partner and I can tell that the baby is starting to show him or herself, but it takes a really hard look, almost needing a magnifying glass!

On the plus side, I have started to feel baby move recently, like little bubbles from the inside and this is helping me to feel really connected to him or her. I also found that listening to the heart beat helped when I just didn't feel pregnant and needed reassurance that there was actually a baby in there. I bought a second hand doppler on e-bay and listen every day. It's so wonderful and I couldn't recommend it highly enough.

Hope you feel better soon, Amanda. I understand your 'bump envy'....our time will come!

I didn't get a bump until last week! It seems to be a family thing, as my
mum was the same, didn't get a bump until 6 months.

So don't worry, a bump will appear when it appears. It's a good thing really, as when you get bigger the back aches come in and the constent full feeling.

hey! i didnt get a bump til about a month ago, was about 23 or 24 weeks. I have one now (like a proper one) but didnt put on much weight either so i properly felt like it was just taking ages and everything! now trying not to put on too much more weight with the baby weight is becoming a task! it will happen for you in a few weeks. x

Thanks all, think I'm just having a bit of a down day - I know it will all happen eventually, I just need to be patient I guess! xx

hey im the same, im 20 weeks and havent much of a bump going on, i just look like ive eaten to many pies lolxxxxxxxxx

hope you feeling a bit better now hun, i am27 weeks and have only just got a bit of a bump now. please dont worry too much xx

the bump at 6 weeks isnt a bump its just bloat lol so i have bloat at the min dont worry im really slim and dont get a proper bump till about 6 months and evn full term i just look like i have a football stuck up my jumper i dont get big bumps like everyone else gets :(

trust me you WILL get a bump lol and they bumps on us "smaller" girls is just bloatedness hunni not reall bumps so dont envy them

before you know it you will have a lovely big bump lol xx

Don't worry- you will get a bump! I am size 14/16 and took longer to show but now I'm carrying this huge bump around, I'm quite glad it wasn't like this ages ago!! It will happen.
Pam x

Everyone is different sweetie. I'm normally a size 10-12 n I was showing from 10 weeks but I'm convinced that was just water. Bcos by 17 weeks I looked like I just ate alot n had wind lol
Now I look like I ate a beach ball. U may be a late bloomer like my friend who Is also pregnant she didn't get a bump til she was 20 weeks as she was on what I call the fluffy side of life (size 18). U will get ur blessed bump real soon n then u will be rubbing it 24/7 :)

I am a size 10/12 and still not showing infct at hlloween party before someone said to me its about time you had another one isn't it, i said i am I'm 16 weeks pregnant they couldn't believe it, no one could they were all like my goodness it so suits you, you look so healthy and thin stuffy cow lol. I didn't show with my last till 7 months I went out on a hen night at 25 weeks pregnant in my size 10 dress. but once it started it never stopped lol

Don't worry Amanda, here is a pic of my bump at 17 weeks to make you feel better, still in normal jeans and just looking a tad wobbley.

Once you get it, it will go for it, as I have a real preg belly now at the second pic at 28 weeks last week , so you will :dance:catchup

Attachments

• 17 Weeks Preg 04.08.10.JPG
    17 Weeks Preg 04.08.10.JPG
    337.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Sticky 28 weeks.JPG
    Sticky 28 weeks.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
Ur bump is well cute jj mum mine is mahoosive

Hi Amanda I am a larger lady too and my my bump has just started to show and even then it depends on what I wear. In fact I was at a halloween party at the weekend and most people didn't realise until they asked would I like a drink and I explained I couldn't :)

Hiya,
I wouldnt worry. Im 16 weeks today and I dont have a bump either! xxx

Awww thanks ladies, I feel alot better now, I will try to get over my bump envy for now! I'm thinking of buying a dopler so I can hear my baby's heartbeat maybe that will help me connect a bit more until my bump arrives! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back