getting baby shoes to fit, and stay on..!

leckershell

Reaction score
This is going to sound really stupid, but I can't get shoes to stay on. It's not the size of them because I've got shoes in 0-3, 3-6 and 6-9 and none of them stay on. I think the problem is that I can't get the heel in properly. The toes go in, but with only a bit of kicking, regardless of how tight they are done up, the backs come off as the heel isn't all the way down..

Any tips of getting the foot in properly? I can't even go to a shoe shop for help as he's not in big sizes yet... it's really doing my head in cos I want to take him down the park and places to get him out of the pram but this isn't possible with bare feet :(

In all the photos of me and ryan he's got no shoes on and it's doing my head in that they always end up in my bag after 5 minutes.

Alex is the same - socks and shoes off within minutes. Lydia used to be the same too (mind you she still likes taking her shoes off at every possible opportunity!
I think it's just one of those annoying things you can't do much about.

This happens to me too! I have the MOST beautiful pair of pinky/purpley Mamas and Papas boots which DD has had no wear out of this winter as they just come off - the heels just will not stay in.

The only shoes I can get to stay on are these kind - clicky (I've got the pink daisy ones from here - but we were given them second hand from another little girl, they are great!) and clicky (how cute are the ones with guitars on!).

Valentine Xxx

I've seen shoes in that style, I'll have to try some on.. (can I do that in the shop, get Ryan to try them on or don't they let you do that with baby shoes?!)

I've put his brown boots on for now.. they're a little small but the best I can do, let's see if they are still on by the time I get to the park :pray:

I have the same problem too.Willow also has huge feet. I have a pair of Inch Blue leather shoes which stay on really well,and these huge soft elasticated bootees which you can buy from anywhjere and which Willow finds impossible to get off :lol:

The only ones I can get to stay on are immys ones from tescos and ones with velcro. But they come off sooner or later!

it is the heels on them, but velcro seems to be the better way to keep on shoes.

The little boots he has on at the moment are velcro :cheer:

A good excuse to have a look for some new shoes anyhow :D I want some khaki green/brown ones as I hardly ever put him in baby blue stuff.. :D

I need to look for new shoes too as her little feet are growing again with the rest of her!

shoes are nightmare getting them on jaydes feet as she has a habbit of curling her toes up so she hardly ever wheres shoes i would love her to wear shoes more but she hates them on :(

after going round every kids shop in tamworth i'm going to look online for some shoes that will stay on like the ones valentine posted :D

They are great! I think you'll get them on eBay for about £10. They are stretchy so you don't need to try them on Ryan, just buy his size. I've no idea what size the ones we were given second hand are, but they fit and stay on with plenty of room in the toes for growth.

Valentine Xxx

I had the same problems with Leif so i took him to Clarks and got him his first properly fitted shoes, and they are the only shoes that have ever got his feet into. Apparently he has quite wide feet which is why normal baby shoes wouldnt fit. He is a size 4G.

I saw some really cute skull and crossbone baby Vans the other day but they only went up to 9 month sizes :(

we have just been to get Glenn some more "trainers" they are the only things that stay on apart from his Tigger slippers and he cant go everywhere in those although he wouldnt mind at all, he loves them!

to get willows shoes on properley i have to first put her foot in and do the shoe up (they are all velcro) and then stand her up and pull the back of the shoe up an then tighten the shoe up this is the only way i can get them on as she curls her toes up.

The shoes like Valentine posted are brilliant. Already Abigail won't keep shoes on and they are the only things that fit. It was the same with Jonah too until he started walking. You can get similar ones called 'Funky feet'. There are some lovely ones :cheer:

Edit to add : They do have a website but I wasn't sure if I'm ok to post a link.

I can't help you. We're in the middle of a sock crisis. :wall: 0-6 don't stay on, BABY GAP 3-6mth are too small, 3-6mth in Woolworths don't stay on...ohh it's neverending :wall:

I was going to suggest the Inch Blue ones. They're really soft and comfortable and won't restrict his little feet whilst they're growing. They don't come off and they look so sweet.

www.inch-blue.com

Kylie1007 said:
I can't help you. We're in the middle of a sock crisis. :wall: 0-6 don't stay on, BABY GAP 3-6mth are too small, 3-6mth in Woolworths don't stay on...ohh it's neverending :wall:

ive been told next stay on lol

G3M said:
ive been told next stay on lol
Been there... :rotfl:

0-3 month ones do...3-6 month ones are too baggy (I bought a 5 pack yesterday!)

I don't even bother with socks... complete waste of time and energy :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back