Getting a bit worried now...

Steelgoddess

Reaction score
I hope its ok to post this here?

If some of you remember I posted after my 23 week scan because they had said hes measuring at 25wks.

Yesterday I had an appointment with the consultant and now hes even bigger! Im 26 weeks on sat but hes measuring 29wks :shock:.

Im 5ft3 and my partner is 6ft 3 (his brother and mum are very tall too).

I just dont understand whats happening. The middy also said if he continues on the tubbster route i might have to be induced at 38wks. I dont want to be induced, have a caesarean.

Be honest am I going to have a 20lber??? :shock: :? Id appreciate some advice oh Motherly ones...

It's a hard 1 that 1. I had endless scans coz there was concern i was measuring small. They were concerned about it all the time. My bump was tiny. But i had an 8lb 3oz baby! She didn't look it but i was worried i'd need prem clothes.
My older sister on the other hand was told hers was gonna be a big bugger. He was 7lb 10oz! He looks half the size of my Angel and he's only 2 weeks behind!
I tried not to stress too much as they may just be being cautious. But may not be right.

my stepmum was told she was measuring big for quite awhile and finally had to have a scan to see if he was going to be huge but he turned out to be a good size for dates and then when he was born he was just 7lb1!

Ah try not to worry. I measured small with my daughter, but with my scan they predicted she was gonna be around 7 lb, she weighed 5 lb 12oz, they were way off.

I think the estimate the weight from the size of the baby's head and that depends on the angle they take the measurements.

Good luck

i wouldnt worry at 3 weeks ahead hun i was 12 weeks ahead at 35 weeks and had hannah at 35+5 and she was 10lb 4oz and i am 5'4 so 3 weeks ahead is fine

Could also be a growth spurt and LO will even out a bit as time goes on. Mine did :)

I'd not worry overly tbh. Its not an exact science and its all still a long ways off yet :hug: Keep positive :hug:

My bump was MASSIVE! I was always measuring way bigger on the fundal height thingys and was told he may be 10lb + but he was 8lb6 altho he did come 3 weeks early :?

I wouldnt worry, and like Sherlock says he could be having a growth spurt (I trust sherlock - she was a genious when we were together in the tri's)

Some of the older ladies at my work said they found bigger babies less painful to give birth to as well, one had a 12lb baby!! :shock:

At 36 weeks my fundal height was 26 weeks... had my mw all in a panic... but lil miss pops out at nearly 9lbs so meh... :roll:

All my scans said I was going to have a big baby... and that I would be induced at 38 weeks... but I put my foot down and refused for them to induce based on weight alone... If lil miss wanted more time in mummy tummy she could... as it is there is no guarantee that if they induce early you will have less complications... :hug: :hug: :hug:

i was measureing 2 weeks ahead from about 26 weeks , and of cause leland came at 34 weeks weighing 6lb5oz and would have been 10lb if id gone term.

don't worry about it. Look at it this way, even if your bubba is a big one, you'll manage. I pushed out two over 10lbs each and I'm only 5'4" :wink:

Thanks so much for your help ladies, i guess its just that thing of feeling nervous as i dont know what to expect and as a few of u say i just want to make sure Bubba is ok i want him to come when he wants too...

xx

I was told I was having at least a 10lb'er no doubt about it, so packed loads of 0-3 baby clothes ready when she finally came she was only 7lb 3oz and that was a week overdue :rotfl: She still fits her newborn tops now and shes 4months

I was measuring about 5 or 6 weeks ahead with Nathan from about 30 weeks but they never even sent me for a growth scan. He weighed 9lb 5oz at birth so not too big but I found the birth a lot easier than my daughter who was 6lb 11oz.

My midwife told me that they don't worry about measuring 3 weeks out either way.

Has another scan said you measure 29 weeks? or have they just done fundal measurements?

I agree, fundal height is rubbish. I was bang on all through my pregnancy until 37 weeks when I measured at 35 weeks. I was relieved cause I thought I was having a smaller baby but Ella arrived at 38 weeks weighing in at 7lbs 8oz. If I'd gone to term or even over due she would have been between 9 and 10lbs :lol:

I was told at around 36 weeks that Luke was about 7 1/2lb. He came out as 6lb 11oz and 3 days late!

The scans can be 25% out (according to my songrapher mates)

It seems in general, that a lot of peoples babies are 1-2lbs smaller than the scan suggests. However, it can work the other way. There are actors like position of baby when being measured, who does the scanning and the mahine you are scanned on.

I am being induced at 38 weeks. It is not just because bubs is big. I have had a hard pregnancy and now my SPD has become severe....Bubs head was measuring 41 wks 5 days yesterday....Don't think they can risk it incase they are right...My pubic bone could be done for good :rotfl:

I am sure you will be fine steely. And you never need to accept induction....Only if you or bubs are at an increased risk :hug:

i was always askin my MWs how big melissa was when i was preggas coz i was worried about her breakin thru my lil front bottom lol.
but they never told me, they sais tryna measure would be innacurate?!
from what iv heard on here tho women being told theyre gonna have bruisers and then havin modestly light babies seems like my MWs were right then. i wouldnt worry too much :hug:

when i was measured at 24 weeks they say that they take 3 weeks either way to be acceptable and that every midwife will measure you diffently so i wouldnt dwell on it too much hun

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back