anyday now!

Zor-El

Reaction score
hey girls went to see midwife yesterday after last week and ending up in hospital again i wasnt looking forward to it but as some of u might know baby ethan has been measuring around 2 weeks bigger than my dates i was told that if hes head hadnt engaged anymore then i would be sent for a scan yesterday well as it turns out all is welland midwife thinks baby will be here anyday now lol i did get a bit worried as im not due until next month but she said hes well engaged and to expect him sooner rather than later also she said hes weight at the moment is a good 8lb but if i go to my due date which is doubtfull i will be looking at a 9-10lb bouncing baby :? :shock: :shock:

I was just going to ask a question about this!!!

I had my 31 week check up with my midwife yesterday and when she measured me, she said I was 36 cm which is a good 2 cm bigger than i should be! was this the same for you? I have been booked in to have a scan next thurs and see a consultant, but really dont know what to expect and am a bit worried, :cry: Are you going to have to have a c-section or are they just going to let you give birth when baby is ready to come out :?

Natalie x

:cry: my midwife told me i had about 12 hours to wait.... that was 7 bloody days ago?????

im still plodding along. maybe today will be the day

love elaine

good luck

You must be going mad by now!! im happy if my baby wants to come earlier, it would just be useful to know how much earlier!! :? did you measure at the right cm's???!??

Natalie x

lol i measured 3cm bigger every time i saw MW lol oh well baby is just too cosy

im hoping to have another sweep today when i see midwife.... fingers crossed

Wow, so have they given you any idea how big your baby is??!!! I spoke to someone yesterday who said that she had to have a c section 2 weeks early because her baby was just under 12lbs :shock:

i know it will be over 8lb.. but if she stays inside me any longer.. im sure she will be more 9lb lol

ok, so if im 31 weeks and measuring at 36 cm that means im going to give birth to a monster of a baby :shock: :? ok, now im scared, really dont want to be late and think if i get any bigger im not going to physically be able to move!! :lol:

my mum looked like she was having twins... and her bump measured alot bigger every time.... but baby was 6lb.... there was alot of water.... does ur bump feel all baby or is squashy?

umm its very solid!! so thinking all baby, even midwife pressed around yesterday and said baby feels too big for 31 weeks!! :? my mum put on 4st with me and was huge, but i was just under 6lbs, so really dont know what to expect now :shock:

Well, it seems that most of you will be having babies soon. My due date is oct 22,2005 and yesterday i had been to scan and baby is still not engaged. Also it weighs less than 5 pounds. Hope it is alright. Iam little worried as iam diabetic and on strict diet.

You seem to be in the opposite position to me, its worrying isnt it when they say things like "oh, um it shouldnt be like that, or it should be like this and isnt" I just have to wait until next thurs to find out whats going on with me and baby, the waiting is so bad isnt it? I really hope everthing is ok for you, keep us informed, and take care

Natalie x

they are letting me go into labour as mw thinks there is enough room for baby as head had engaged even more hence the fact she said expect him anyday but im really nervous now as i know its a big baby and i hate pain and i really dont like needles god i nearly cry when i have to have blood taken lol but ive sorted through the baby stuff again and moved all the tiny stuff hahah i know hes not gonna fit in them im really hoping he will be here next week im totally ready now i think it was shock thats made me pack my bags and put a mummy hat on lolshe did say though that u will either have a big baby or a small one if ur ment to have big babys u will and theres nothing u can do :D

From what I understand they can't accurately predict the size/weight of your baby unless they scan you.

My sister in law had gestational diabetes and she was huge - they were going to induce her at 38 weeks because they didn't want the baby to get any bigger, they had estimated it to be around 8.5 - 9 lbs. She is a doctor, and even she thought she was going to have a massive baby!

However she went into labour the day before she was due to be induced and the baby was just over 7 lb! Must have been all fluid! He did have long legs though :D .

My midwife doesn't even measure me, she just has a good prod around to see how baby is lying, and tells me I look the right size for my stage. She hasn't even weighed me apart from when I first booked in! My GP is more traditional though - whenever I see her she gets the tape measure out and last time I was 1cm smaller than the number of weeks.

Elaine - I can't believe you are still waiting - every day I expect to come on and see a post from you in the announcements! Hopefully not much longer now. :wink:

Zor-El - hope you have a nice wee 7lb-er in the very near future :D

LBxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back