Germs

Lilelephant

Reaction score
My family all have a bad cold and I am just startin to get a sore throat! :( thought of being Ill scares me

Oh no Hun think paracetamol is safe to take if u get bad but it's a horrible thought being poorly! Lots of sleep and try and keep out of their way ! X

Oh it's horrible, i've had three colds since being pregnant apparantly we're more prone to them. You'll be fine though, have a day or two in bed and take some paracetamol and drink loads!!! It won't harm LO i've had 3 colds so far and baby was fine at my 20 week scan today, just need to rest more :) xx

I have a cold at the moment and it sucks :mad: Soo fed up of not being able to breath out my nose! Hope you don't get ill Mrs xx

I had a really bad cold and a chest infection in my last pregnancy, i took antibiotics for it and when Jaspers teeth started to come through, he had really weak enamel and his teeth are a state now :( I have since found out that if you take antibiotics in the second tri, it can seriously mess with babies tooth enamel :(

i wish i had known that before i took them, i was desperate and so sick of being ill but of course i would have stuck it out with herbs etc had i known that

so be wary of antibiotics, the docs just gave them to me, no warning at all and i regret it so much...

lots of lemon, ginger and honey drinks and pampered by the OH is a much better way to get better i reckon :)

Oh thanks for the advice bigbump will stick to the natural remedies

Hi there hun, I think the only thing you can really do is rest!! I found out that you can take soothers tho!! Not as good as the others but better than nothing!!
xxxx

Well I definatley have the damn cold so mad gonna just take it easy

I OD'd on honey and lemon and orange juice and mine didn't last very long! You can use Vicks vapor rub which I just stuck under my nose, did me the world of good!

Big :hug:
Hope u feel better soon :)
I boil up in a big pot: 2 lemons sliced, an inch of peeled ginger sliced and 2 cloves of garlic crushed with 4 cus of water. Boil for 20mins. Ladle out one cup while hot and add a teaspoon of honey. Drink hot.
It really attacks a cold.
The idea is u reboil each time u want some and it gets stronger and stronger.
You can make it one cups worth at a time if u like but its alot of effort each time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back