Strepsils..anything else??

Jayceesmumma

Reaction score
Ok, Jaycee has had a very very sore throat and snotty nose these past few days and today ive got the mega sandpaper throat :evil: I know im ok with strepsils and paracetamol, is there ANYTHING else i can take for cold, cough, sore throat etc???
They should do special stuff for us pregnant women! :shakehead:
Cant even have lemsip! Been dyin to try that hot chocolate one! :(

i am in exactly the same boat, really fed up with it now, have been recomended Honey and Lemon tea which is working wonders, have a few cups a day and don't feel guilty as there are no meds in it!

I had a bad cold a few weeks back and had antibiotics but that's only because I got a bad chest infection with it :D

Ouch!
I dont think ive got that far into it yet.. if jaycees still bad in 2 days im gonna take her in for antibiotics..then grab some for me! :)

I had a horrid cold a few months back, sore throat, cough, the lot - basically I took 2 paracetamol when i felt really bad and then hot honey and lemon (teaspoon of each) whenever I needed it. got through a whole jar of honey in a week! It helps a bit but nothing beats good old Night Nurse..... :(

Eww i dont like honey :(
Guess ill have to just do it if it will help!

Try adding more lemon juice until the honey is disguised - it's much better hot too.

Hope you feel better soon and manage a good night's sleep :sleep:

Thanks hun ill try that. ill try getting honey and lemon tea too. I like lemon which is good! Maybe i can get away with Lemon juice on pancakes?? YUM!!

Hi,
I have had a stinking cold this week too. I sent my OH to the chemist to see of there was anything I could take and they said basically there isn't anything that would make any difference because apart from paracetamol you can only have childrens doses of anything. So I guess we just have to let it take its course. The one thing I did which has really helped was to start taking my pronatal vitamins again and I have to say I have really started to feel much better.

Hmm might have to give that a go! No harm in taking vitamins! :D

:Anyway missy.... have a bone to pick with you :shakehead:

Ever since I read and replied to your thread, I have acquired a constant runny nose and terribly sore throat!

What do you think you're doing passing your germs through my laptop?!

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Seriously I feel terrible! :D :rotfl:

Aww hun sorry i didnt mean to sneeze goo into the net connection! :oops:

:lol: :lol:

lockets, soothers, tunes, paracetamel ... that's all i can think of

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members