Gaining too much weight

Like Carnat Im still wearing my normal tops I do have a couple of maternity tops and have got a couple of tops in the next size up but they are still comforatble to wear. have gone up one size in ma bottom half mainly got trousers with either full or part elasticated waist so I feel Im no doing too bad either not like a "hoose end" as some folk have said Im gonna be lol xx

I am booked in to have the GTT next Friday. They asked me early on in my pregnancy if I wanted to do the blood tests and I said yes. So I have it just before 24 weeks.

xxx

Cool hun, hope it all goes well....

Like Carnat Im still wearing my normal tops I do have a couple of maternity tops and have got a couple of tops in the next size up but they are still comforatble to wear. have gone up one size in ma bottom half mainly got trousers with either full or part elasticated waist so I feel Im no doing too bad either not like a "hoose end" as some folk have said Im gonna be lol xx

I am size 12 in leggings and normal size top. My maternity leggings (over the bump) are size S.

So I am not massive but I am gaining more than average. I think they 7lbs in Tri 1 and then a lb a week in Tri 2 so that should make my gain about 17lbs for 23 weeks

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
I know everyone is different in their pregnancies but I do still have the odd wobble as to whether Im putting on enough weight but then im sure the MW would have said

My theory for me not putting on as much weight as others is that I had some weight behind me to start with (not overly heavy but before I was pregnant I was probably about 11stone) xxxxxxxxx

Nat I dont think you look heavy atall but obviously I understand your concerns.

I think just now my BMI is at 22 or 24 but then I am 5ft5 and at my booking appointment was 10st which is perfect for my height. God only knows what I have put on now.

Isnt there an online guideline? xxx

Sorry I don't know as I have avoided the scales. Not been weighed by the MW since 12 weeks!!! According to normal ranges how over are you?

xxx

I think my BMI had a gone up a few points by 16w appointment - although by then I'd only put on 10lbs? I'll find out in a few weeks I guess at 25w appointment...

As I say it's not the weight thing per se but the fact I am worried it could restrict my choices when it comes to giving birth.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I see, I tought they would catagorise you high risk if you were unfit/unable to deliver safely. If your BMI has gone up because of weight gain which is blood increase, baby and amniotic fluid and you are in good health it would be a real shame to deny you. Hopefully you will get the birth you want!

xxx

PS God knows what my BMI is because no one has weighed me since 12 weeks!!!!!

x

That calculator is really helpful, thank you! Based on that I should put on between 11 and 20lbs altogether and that my 1lb gain so far is correct...yay :)

you have to think though everyone is different..

have you asked your mat ward about using the pool and what the conditions are? xxxx

I'll ask at my next appointment hun, they won't really discuss my birth plans until 28w anyway!

I do think havinga BMI over 30 means you can't use it the birthing pool though.

xxxxxxxxxx

Do you want me to ring the mat unit were I work and ask? xxx

My mw said if my bmi was 32 or less I could have home birth or the birthing pool. I think maybe raise your concerns but I think you'll be fine hun. I also think they'll judge each woman on an individual basis based on age/general good health etc. xx

Oh bless you hun, there is no urgency though, I'll ask at my next appointment!

And I am going to cut out the daily bag of crisps and choccie bar going forwards :lol:

xxxxxxxxxx

I phoned over but the midwifes are on lunch just now, my SIL got the option and she was a size 20 prepregnancy so I will phone and double check, she may have only been offered to use it cause her aunt was a midwife. xxx

Oh thanks hun, you are the best!

xxxxxxxxx

have a wee browse at that, its another pregnancy forum type thing but its discussing BMI, high risk and using an NHS birthing pool it should tide you over just now lol xxx

have a wee browse at that, its another pregnancy forum type thing but its discussing BMI, high risk and using an NHS birthing pool it should tide you over just now lol xxx

I had a look hun and it is very helpful, thanks again :lol: :lol:

xxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back