Weight gain

knopk@

Reaction score
Hi girls, I am really concerned about mg weight gain, I am gaining way too much! I have already gained nearly 7 kg, I walk a lot but probably eat a lot as well. Should I cut the carbs? My midwife wasn't concerned but I am, I am feeling really down because of this.

I've was 60kgs when I fell pregnant and I've just been to see midwife this morning and I'm now 70.9kgs.... I was however underweight so I'm not too concerned at the moment about the massive weight gain. Apparently I look healthy again. If you're worried, speak to your midwife, I'm sure if you tell her how you feel about it she'll be able to help :) xxx

Well I am not the skinniest girl and hit PG straight after a long Xmas break, do started off with 67 kg, will mention it again to my midwife, ot really is bothering me, I feel so fat

I feel so fat aswell just now :-( Had a good cry about it last weekend. It doesn't help that my oh has been going to the gym everyday and is looking more toned than ever. I really can't stop eating though so I've just been going swimming a couple of times a week and trying to eat a bit healthier. xx

I feel extremely fat as well. I do a lot of walking but it doesn't really help. I feel hungry all the time as well. I just dong know what to do. My OH is really fit as well, he cycles to and from work.

I know the feeling, a lady said to me today, "wow you must be ready to drop!" Actually I've got 13 and a half weeks left :( Before that I thought I wasn't doing too bad. I've put on a stone since finding out in pregnant. Don't know whether that's too much or not : /

I know the feeling, a lady said to me today, "wow you must be ready to drop!" Actually I've got 13 and a half weeks left :( Before that I thought I wasn't doing too bad. I've put on a stone since finding out in pregnant. Don't know whether that's too much or not : /

I wish people would keep their opinion to themselves. I have already put on a stone so you are not doing bad at all!

I think it sounds like a healthy weight gain to me!

Sounds about right to me as well!

I'm worrying in the back of my mind that I haven't put any on - I hope the baby is growing OK. I am getting a bump so maybe it's taking up all the weight. Always something to worry about isnt there :roll:

xxx

I have gone up from 56- 57 kg to 64 kg now.. only 17 weeks.. Panick abit now as i read its only normal to put on 11 kg all together ? x

I think you worry if you don't put on 'enough' and worry if you put on 'too much'. I know my midwife said that everyone is different wnd puts on what they need. Hard to believe that at the moment though - I feel huge all of a sudden but am suddenly hungry all the time again and have to eat. It's hard to remember that a lot of it is weight to keep baby healthy though and I'm already worrying about what I can do after to get it off again!

cant remember where i read it but it said that the average pregnant women should gain between 11lb - 32lb obviously this depends on your size before being pregnant! so far I've just under a stone, so about 13lb :)

Im 15 weeks and I have put nothing on yet...I am worried!! however was quite sickey at beginning and put off food. reckon I will start to pile on now

Im 15 weeks and I have put nothing on yet...I am worried!! however was quite sickey at beginning and put off food. reckon I will start to pile on now

Same! Plus my BMI was just shy of 24, which is the upper end of healthy weight so maybe I didn't need to put any more on.

I was overweight before I fell pregnant, and I dare not weigh myself at the moment - even though I know I'll be weighed at my next midwife appointment, I just can't face the scales at the moment and don't want to get myself all upset over something that can't really be helped!
I plan on going on a really big health kick once baby is here, so I'm trying not to get too upset over how much I gain in pregnancy xx

I'm worrying in the back of my mind that I haven't put any on - I hope the baby is growing OK. I am getting a bump so maybe it's taking up all the weight. Always something to worry about isnt there :roll:

xxx

I haven't put any weight on either and seen 1 of the girls from work yesterday her baby is due 1 week before mine and she is huge she couldn't believe it when she found out my dates! I'm sure were all fine otherwise midwives would say shouldn't they...?
It is stressful though hoping everything is ok xx

xxx

I haven't put any weight on either and seen 1 of the girls from work yesterday her baby is due 1 week before mine and she is huge she couldn't believe it when she found out my dates! I'm sure were all fine otherwise midwives would say shouldn't they...?
It is stressful though hoping everything is ok xx

Is it your first? Is it her second? I have noticed that when ladies on here are on their second they pop a lot sooner! Try not to worry lovely - all is well :)
xx

Don't worry about weight gain Hun. A stone at 20 weeks sounds about right to me.
If they were worries try would say. If u want to be sure, say it to them at ur next appointment.
I gained 5 stone!! I went from a bmi of 26, to 39!!
I said I was worried at EVERY appointment. And the week before I was induced they said, oh god uv gained a lot. Yeah. Thanks.! Too late now!
If u had a sudden MASSIVE weight gain after about 5 months, be cautious as it can be a sign of preeclampsia. But u sound on a good track at the moment! X

i went to my first MW appointment yesterday and have lost 6lb since Dr weighed me on 4th april, im quite pleased as im a bit overweight, i go to the gym and eat healthy but i think its because ive stopped drinking!

I've gained just over a stone, to be honest I thought I would of gained more as my family all got huge while beng pregnant, so i'm quite pleased. The weight I have put on has gone onto my legs and hips, my boobs are still the same (thank the lord, they are big enough!)... :bump:

I am going to follow the slimming world plan when LO is here, I lost 9lbs on that a few months beore getting pregnant :)

Don't worry too much, if we're determined we can all look lush and toned once our angels are here, slowly and healthily :bf1:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back