Gaining too much weight

I had a high bmi when I first became pregnant, at 5weeks my bmi was 32. I have never ever had my weight mentioned to me. Never been weighted again. I havnt been told I'm high risk, I havnt had any consultant appts... Just basic midwife ones. Iv never been been asked to have the GTT test. Now at 37 weeks I'd gained 1st 6lbs... Which takes my bmi to 35... Iv been told by people on here it's only if you have a bmi of over 35 to start with that it's a concern. I too want to try the pool and to be in the midwifery unit at the hospital. I havnt been told otherwise...xxx

I have never paid attention to BMI..ever. With my line of work I have a yearly medical check so weighed etc I have always been around 60kgish and I'm 5'7. I remember being weighed and thinking jeez my BMi is high but at the end of the day I was (kinda still am) very fit, healthy and eat the correct foods. BMi is a guide made up by medical boffins that actually is a load of pump. I know of a few very for and healthy men who are classes as obese because of there BMI and height.
Basically what I think I'm trying to say is not to worry about it as I would suspect you would only be high risk If prepregnancy you was overweight. As long as bub is growing well and you and healthy that should be the main thing x

Don't they say you put on about 1.5 stones? Or 20lb
Difficult to know what I was as I went in a diet in jan at 12st3 and by the end of the month I'd gone down quite a bit, then found out I was pregnant and had morning sickness and loss of apetite so went down to 10st11 in tri 1
still only 11st7 now, not so worried
Some ladies I know eat for England but I've just not fancied so much food, still fussy with food nearly in tri3!

So long as you're eating healthily and have moderate exercise, you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back