Feeding a Teething Baby

babyroo

Reaction score
Hi everyone
Just wondered if anyone has any tips about bottle feeding a teething baby.
Jessica's breastfeeds are going okay but she does come on and off alot more. I'm just having problems on her formula feeds,she usually has 6-7 oz yesterday she took 1oz then screamed and the other was 5oz and 4oz.
I've tried giving her calpol an hour or so before i think she will need a feed,done the same as previous but with teething gel, bought a tommee tippee gummy (really does'nt like), put her dummy in fridge and given it to her.
She used to hate dummy's before would just spit them straight out but a few days okay she started furiously sucking her hands and gave her a dummy and she now thinks it's great.
Is there any bottle i can use that might help? I'm currently using Tommee Tippee CTN which are quite nipple which touches her gums are there any bottles which are narrower teat wise which might help and people can reccomend.
I do think it is teething cos she has started dribbling loads more too. Can babies go off the taste of their formula after a while? does that need changing?
Thanks , sorry so many questions :hug:

I am bottle feeding my little girl and she has two teeth coming - the side ones, not at the front. I have noticed she likes to chew the teat where the teeth are on some days, but on other days she is like you described - it seems as if it hurts her or she is just really sensitive and touchy. Then she likes to suck her dummy and drink constantly - think she is trying to soothe the pain a bit. But it normally comes in phases of a few days and then it subsides a little. I tried teething toys too but I think because she is teething quite early, they are all to big for her mouth or too hard and she hurts herself with them. I thought about trying the Tommee Tippee teething dummy. Have you tried that?

Last edited:
yes those :) i thought i would try one because she can't really put things in her mouth to chew especially as she is getting her 'fangs' first. Let me know if your LO takes to it. Is it worth trying? I read one review and the woman said that she thought they were quite big for little mouths.

Last edited:
Still trying to give Jessica the gummy but still won't take it, I think I agree with the review it does seem a bit big for her mouth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back