Full time / Part time / Stay at home mum?

I'm a stay at home Mummy and OH doesn't earn a great wage :D

I find it lonely sometimes when Isaac is unwell or I'm tired, but I wouldn't want anyone else watching Isaac when I'm able to. I think working part-time is a great idea after your LO is born, best of both worlds :D

Very best wishes for when you start TTC :hug: and before :hug:

I went back to work full time when Jack was 6 months old but with the travelling (50+ miles a day) and my partner working full time it was a nightmare. Jack stayed with family when we were both at work as couldn't afford nursery.

I went to part time hours after a few months but with the travelling it still works out 36 hrs a week some weeks. My partner works shifts full time so when neither of us can have jack he goes to family, purely because we couldn't afford nursery fees.

I'm hoping to start uni in September if finances allow us. My partner works full time shifts on a good wage but we still rely on my income to survive. If not uni I would have to return to work part time with two little ones!

I personally like the time out away from being at home sometimes and used to enjoy going to work until I was moved office. I also think its great for the kids to go to nursery or be looked after by other people. Stops them becoming too clingy and too reliant on you.

i work part time
and i only do it for the money id love to be a stay at home mum

I worked full time up until 4 weeks before Erin was born in 2005 & went back to work part-time (9 hours a week) in March 2007, just to earn a bit of money as we'd moved down south to be closer to my parents & money was a bit tight. Fortunately my mum offered to look after my daughter otherwise childcare costs would have been prohibitive.

I will finish this job in March of this year, allowing a good 2 month gap to prepare for new baby and don't plan to go back to work. I've found a good part-time job that I can do from home, hours to suit, which has the potential to easily earn the equivalent, if not more than I'm earning currently, without the petrol costs.

So hopefully, I will be able to stay at home until they go to school, if not beyond! :) :shakehead: :pray:

I am a sahm. I have my own business though so I will eventually go back to work, not sure when as I am loving being at home with my boy. Fortunately OH earns a good wage so theres no hurry for me to go back yet.

Sort of in the same situation as you MissL. We are both self employed and I can work full time / part time / from home or not at all.. but Im trying to think ahead so we have time to get staff in etc.

i planned to work about 18hrs per week when i go back after my maternity leave but reading through these posts has made me think

i really dont know how i'll cope leaving baby :( i got a bit upset and told my other half how i felt, he was really nice and said we'd just play it by ear and see how things go

i'll like to go back to work to retain independance and not have to rely on oh all of the time but at the same time i just want to spend every minute with my baby

i guess i'll see how it goes

I work part-time, initially 3 days now 4.

I absolutely love my job and what working offers in terms of adult conversation, social scene and the ability to pay the mortgage. My OH isn't a great earner and his wages don't even cover the barest of bills.

We live very meanly. No holidays and one old car that was given to us. We couldn't survive on one wage. But even if we could I'd work. I spend quality time with Stanley when I'm off. I'd be the sort of lazy mare who'd sit at home all day if I didn't have a reason to get out the house :oops:

What do all your OH's do?

i wanna be a stay at home mum :cry:

Hi

I am a SAHM and Bernie goes to work we dont make much money we live paycheck to paycheck just enough to pay our bills and get food on the table! But its what works for us we would have to pay someone to watch the kids anyways so it might as well be me and we dont like the fact of someone else watching them full time and i hate the thought of not being able to see them all day and miss everything.
I am very lucky and wouldnt change it for the world :D

Katrina

i'm going back to work when my LO will be 4months but only 2 nights a week and the odd hour in the day here and there.

I think i'll be able to cope with leaving her as it will be with daddy when ever i do and the longest time will be 6hours (that s the night work).

i think i'd like to be a SAHM but i think i'd miss working if i did not go back. I'm pretty independant and like to pay half of everything. I'm lucky my work is so felxible and well paid. If the money was not good i would not bother.

i am a student so i have to a gap yr, i will go bk when she is 12/13 months but i will be on a work placement so i wil be going bk full time. most of my friend shave gone bk to work part time until baby was about 18-2yrs and then gone full time, partly becus its less childcare fees and also because they then see more of their babies.

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back