stay at home mums

isobel84

Reaction score
I put this here as I want to ask other mums... Work might not be able to give me shifts that will fit me n moa. So I wonder, mums who's not working, what money do you get? Demba works n earn fairly good but is selfemployed n we can't rely on a regular incomme. Will I get anything being a stay at home mum? X

I was gonna ask this afew weeks ago as I'm only going back 1 day a week so was wondering if I'd be better off being a sahm x x

Im a stay at home mum but my hubby works full time so everything is based on his earnings. we do get housing benefit and council tax paid for working tax credits and child benefit.

Last edited:
Im going to be a stay at home mum all benefits are based on your OHS wages But we will get child benefit some child tax credits & working tax credits and help with rent and council tax x

Im a stay at home mum but my hubby works full time so everything is based on his earnings. we do get housing benefit and council tax paid for working tax credits and child benefit.

Does OH have to earn under a certain amount to claim housing benefit and council tax paid? I'm thinking about taking redundancy or cutting hours, but have no clue what I'm entitled to as my OH earns about £17k p/year and right now, coz I have a job to go back to they are giving me squat basically, even though my maternity pay stops this month (and that is only a partial payment) and I've told them my income will be £0!

I'm a stay at home mum and just get child and working tax credit based on o/h wages if your o/h already earns alot it might not change that much from what you already get even if you stop working.
If you ring them up and ask they will be able to tell you over the phone

Does OH have to earn under a certain amount to claim housing benefit and council tax paid? I'm thinking about taking redundancy or cutting hours, but have no clue what I'm entitled to as my OH earns about £17k p/year and right now, coz I have a job to go back to they are giving me squat basically, even though my maternity pay stops this month (and that is only a partial payment) and I've told them my income will be £0!
hes on around the same hun he was away at sea as a marine engineer money was fab but he was away weeks even months at a time when we located to the uk as he is from here he got let go but now the job he works on dont earn alot but it is made up with benefits i cant work as i have no childcare here.

hes on around the same hun he was away at sea as a marine engineer money was fab but he was away weeks even months at a time when we located to the uk as he is from here he got let go but now the job he works on dont earn alot but it is made up with benefits i cant work as i have no childcare here.

Think I need to get on the phone and find out what I'd be entitled to then. Don't really wanna take redundancy BUT I also don't wanna go back to work when my son is only 5 months old and still currently breast feeding. It pees me off so bad, paid taxes since I was 18 and I get NO help at all grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rage lol

My husband earns £35k and we won't get any help except for £40ish a month CTC for two kids. I'm currently a SAHM because I was made redundant at the beginning of this pregnancy. I'm lucky that I'm still getting SMP from my previous pregnancy as even though they made me redundant they still have to pay me up to 39th week. As I am pregnant again I should qualify for Mat Allowance come September. So in addition to his wage we get CBenefit an CTC at £40 month.

I was earning £25k when working so lost a huge income but we are just about managing even though we have a huge mortgage!

Luckly for us I have never worked I know that sounds bad but I was a collage when I fell pregnant with my first and then was a stay at home mum so we have never had a wage from me to get use to so we got our mortgage etc on o/h wage only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back