Full time / Part time / Stay at home mum?

PinkPunch

Reaction score
Im interested to know what sort of routines you have regarding work.

Did you permanently leave work... do you not mind staying at home all day?

Do you work part time, is it easy to focus on work a few days a week?

Do you work full time and is that for financial reasons or do you like working?

Let me know your situation because although I havent TTC yet, im thinking of a part time situation but I want to know what you guys do!

i am a sahm i am lucky that my hubby earns a good wage

im at home at the moment but am trainignt o be an nvq assessor which is part time and work from home alot. i didnt want to work fulltime but everyone is different, its a very personal choice

I work partime, as does my husband, and its perfect for us. We share the care and have one full time job ebtween us,

I will be a SAHM but i will be studying for my OU degree at the same time. My current job is only part-time anyway and i could keep on with it but i think i want to be around baby as much as poss.

I will work part time once LO is born. OH is self-employed and works for an American company from home. He has no contract and no security (he could be laid off tomorrow for all we know!) so it isn't realistic for me to give up my job. I also earn more than him and in a few years time I will earn more for working 3 days a week (21 hours) than he does for working 40 hours.

I do love my job though and I would prefer to have my own money rather than being financially dependant on OH. Plus because his hours are very flexible, he will look after LO while I work so we don't need childcare and we won't miss anything - there will always be one of us there :D

im a SAHM i wa thinking of getting a part time job but i cudnt bare leaving jayla

I wasnt going to go back to work but hubby and I have recently separated so I will be going back full-time in April :(

Full time for financial reasons. I would prefer part time but it isnt do-able.

im a SAHM.. was in uni till i finished in june.. and i wont be going back for a few years i dont think..babys arnt babys long enough imo.. alex doesnt have a fantastic job..or rather the pay isnt fantatic.. but its a job for life.. and they are training him up.. so pay will get better.. we will probably be having another baby in a few yrs.. so doubt i will go bk to work for a fair few yrs yet.. unless £ gets very tight..

i love staying at home.. i love the old fashioned.. wife stays at home looks after the kids while hubby goes out to earn..i actually felt terrible when i was working.. especially when i started part time after charl was born.. it made me very depressed.. all i could think was.. is m baby ok.. it was completly un-natural to me..

everyones different though.. and maybe having 2 kinds might make me think.. omg.. i need adult interaction and i mgiht wanna go bk to work.. who knows..

I dont want someone else looking after my baby for me, so for a long time, as long as my partner is earning a good enough wage, i think i may be a stay at home mum.
As long as we can pay the bills and have enough money to live comfortably..

I stay at home with the kids full time. I wouldn't say I really enjoy it but I wouldn't trust anyone else to look after my babies for me. I know I'm lucky that I have the choice and a lot of mums don't get the chance. I will be going back at least part time if not full time when Nathan starts school. I'll be about 32 then so not to old to get myself some sort of career I hope.

My maternity leave ends in a couple of weeks but I'm not returning to work. I want to be at home with Cara for a couple of years, but am planning to go to uni September 2009. This means that we'll have to move down to Sussex so my mum can take care of her when I'm on practical placements - I couldn't leave her in nursery 40 hours a week, I would always be wondering if she's ok lol

I work part-time, and it works quite well for us. Things are difficult money wise, but I couldn't work full time and afford the childcare, so this way we get help towards his nursery costs. It's a compromise between working and staying at home! I get to spend quite a lot of time with my son but also get some adult company at work, so it's nice.

Initially I stayed at home for 18 months and then trained to be a college lecturer for 3 days a week which was good for both me and my daughter as it got me used to leaving her at nursery and her used to becoming more independent.

I then got a lecturing job at my local college and although I teach for 16.5 hours a week this doesn't include any lunches and time either side for collecting your belongings, answering questions and getting back to the nursery.

I am now pregnant with my second child and although I am only 5 weeks I intend to return to work on a part time basis but not for 16.5 hours probably for only about 6. the only reason i took on 16 hours is because you can claim tax credits to help with childcare which made returning to work more worthwhile.

I think it's a personal choice but for me I knew that i was ready to go back to work and was able to leave her at nursery, although did tend to cry on most occasions initially.

Good luck when ttc.

I work part time two days a week with two under 5s, and will be returning to work when my LO is 2 months old

:wall:

I'm on maternity leave but will be going back to work April/May time

I haven't agreed with my employer yet but i will hopefully be going back and doing 30 hours over 4 days

I'd love to be a SAHM but we can't afford it :(

I work part time and dh works full time tho he is self employed and he can be flexible. Because of the way my shifts are, it works out that we only need the kids watched 1 day 1 week and 2 days the next week.

We are very lucky.

i worked full-time until i went on maternity leave, when i go back will be part-time. cant comment yet as dont go back til feb but i wish i could be a SAHM. dont wanna go back! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back