Part time - returning to Full time

Nicky_Jones

Reaction score
OK I have been part time since I went back to work when Ellie was 5months. Started at 26 hrs, then 32hrs, now 34.5hrs. I have now given notice that I will go back full time 37hrs from 1st Dec.

As you can see from my ticker we are TTC. Does anybody know if I fall this month, if I will be entitled to full time pay while on maternity leave? Or do I have to be full time for a min period before getting it?

Hi. From what I can gather you would be entiled to fulltime mat pay. As you are going back full time next month you probably would not find out you had fallen until then anyway. If hr have any discrepancies about your hours and when you fell you go back ft in 3 weeks so they will have to pay you ft mat pay.it might help to get a copy for your companys mat policy just in case it should have it in there. Hope that helps.

Good luck
XX

To qualify for maternity pay you basically have to have started work for the company before you conceive so you have that covered. The amount of pay you get is worked as an average over 8 weeks from week 17 to 25 (I think but am fairly sure) so it doesn't matter what hours you are doing now or in a few weeks but what you are doing in the qualifying period. Done alot of reading on maternity stuff the past few days!

Thanks all, that is reassuring.

I don't really want to go back full time any sooner as Ellie would have to be in nursery for 9.5hrs and I feel this is too long. The return to full time is set for the first working day after moving house, and once we have done that, hubby will do nursery drops off's and I will do pickups so that she is only there for 8.5hrs. At the moment hubby has such a long commute (85miles) he just can't help with nursery drop offs and pickups. We have been trying to sell and move since he accepted the job in May. It is only the state of the housing market has meant it has taken us this long to get (and keep!) a buyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back