Frustrated.

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Before I knew I was having a girl I liked loads of girl's name's. Now I know, I've gone off them all :wall:

The only name I still like is Shannon.
Also I've been considering Alice Eva because that was my grandma's name and it would mean alot to my mum (she lost her dad at 22 and her mum at 40, my dads parents and both sets of oh's grandparents are still around today).

Another thing bothering me is that I don't know wether to give the baby my name or my boyfriend's name. Were not living together at the moment and I plan to stay with my parent's for quite a while. My surname is Thompson and his surname is Pearson. My family keep suggesting names and adding our surname, his family keep suggesting his names and adding his surname. I know it would upset him if I give her my last name. I really don't know what to do.

Just reposted this from another thread about the surname issue

TBH, if I was not married and we were expecting, I'd give baby my surname only. Squiglet ezplained it well in another thread. She said

'If you do get married in the end, it's much easier to change the baby's name to the father's surname, than change it back to the mothers surname.'

Read the whole thread here

Worth talking it over with your BF to see how he would feel about this option should you marry later on. As I said in the reposted bit, I'd go with my surname and only change once married. There are no certainties in life, so it might be a difficult call. I didn't take my OH surname when we married and we don't plan on only using his for our LO either. Looking into possibles atm.

As for names, I really like Alice Eva. Not so sure about Shannon, but that's maybe because I've stayed in the town in Ireland and its not the nicest place in the world :lol: :roll:

i love alice eva! thats beautiful and very feminine! i suggest giving the baby your second name, it can be alot of hassle like sherlock said to get the dads name OFF the birth certificate if you ever chose to.

I think I will give her my surname.

My Mum gave my brothers their real dads name when they were born, but when she divorced she changed their names to her surname. I also have her surname, not my dads, and when she married my dad she kept her name so we (me, my brothers and mum) all had the same name.

I do really like the name Alice Eva, but it's strange because I can't imagine my baby having that name for some reason :think:

Alice Eva is gorgeous...

...You could give her your surname and then change it to your OHs when you get married/engaged/move in together or something?

xxx

I'm glad you all like the name, I didn't know what I thought about it at first but now I'm starting to really like it :)

Alice Eva is lovely :D I'd go with your surname personally, as others have said it will be easier to change it later if you want to.

I gave James my surname when I originally registered him, and was able to change it to OH's when he was 3 and half by re-registering the birth and paying for a new birth certificate.

thats a nice name, and nice that she will be named after a relative

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back