Friend pregnant to guy after 3 weeks. Help.

MamaJay

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
To cut a long story short my friends been seeing a guy for about a month. Shes just found out shes pregnant. She already has a little boy who shes raised alone and is 1 year off becomming a qualified nurse...

At the start she didnt want to keep... Anyway her baby daddy has said he will support her no matter what her decision is. Shes now having second thoughts.

I love the bones of her but she barely knows this bloke. I cant help but worry. She keeps asking for my advice and then gets snappy because im keeping it realistic. Im trying so hard to support her but now im losing energy over it.

Please dont think im a bad friend.

My question is that how do i say in a nice way that ill support her either way but i cant keep giving my opinion if shes snapping at me for not saying whay she want to hear?

Am i being a bad friend? She doesnt even know this guy and i feel like shes in la la land about it. I dont mind what she does but i feel like her decision is being based upon a honeymoon period. Help.

To be honest- I would have the same concerns as you. Having a baby can break even the strongest of relationships/marriages....But it's not the babies fault. She needs to make a decision on what she feels is best for her and best for her baby & as a friend you just have to support her no matter what. Maybe she's snapping at you because deep down she knows your right, but she doesn't want to admit it just yet? Xx

Thats what im thinking.... if it was a different situation i wouldnt be worried. Bring a baby into the world is no small task... i just hope she knows whats shes doing.. xx

I don't understand... it sounds like you're saying she can't raise it alone. Well she's already raised her boy alone so maybe she feels defensive at the implication she couldn't manage it again?!

If she's planning on staying in a relationship with this guy because of the baby, then I could see why you'd be concerned... but about the relationship rather than the baby.

I wonder if she's really just wanting validation about potentially being a single mum again?

Sounds like your friend has her mind made up she just wants you to agree! I would suggest holding back on giving your opinion unless really pushed for one! If she really wants one then feel free, but sounds like it's falling on deaf ears and her minds made up and she just wants a supportive friend.

Things always work out in the end! A baby is a blessing and even if things don't work out with this guy there will be a new little person to love and that's amazing x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back