Petrified

BabyLove

Reaction score
Lovella has started sleeping face doen in her cot and its scaring the crap out of me. we have always put her on her back but this week shes started rolling around in her cot and every time i check her shes on her front. as if thats not bad enough- shes completely face down! I cant describe thefeeling that runs through me as i first see that. my blood chills :( she manages to breath through it but im not happy. i keep rolling her back but next time i check, shes back aghain! anyone experienced this, and what can i do apart from attatch a golf ball to her front :D LOL x

Jacob does the same...scared me too! But that is the way he is determined to sleep. I try to make sure that once he's alseep his head is always to the side so he can breathe ok. That's all I can seem to do.

My mum said I was the same as a baby and that there is no harm in it...so I guess that reassures me a bit. :?

Im pretty sure hannah started doing that at the same age, and shes still sleeps on her front, I think ive got used to it, at first it was scary, but now i know its just her way of sleeping. Hannah could stand up in her cot by nine months anyway, so i knew if she was struggeling to breath or anything, she was strong enough to help herself as such.

I dont really know what to suggest hun. :hug: :hug:

maybe leave her on her front but turn her head to the side?
Jams slept on his front since he was about a year old

Thea's done this from about 6 months. As long as the can roll from front to back unaided then they are fine.
Continue to put her to sleep on her back but try to relax if she rolls over, she really will move her own head if she needs to, its an inbuilt reflex.

Lovella cant crawl or stand up in her cot, she can roll over and hold herself up with her arms for a bit but gets tired. Im scared that shes in such a deep sleep she wont know to move because she cant breathe. I do have to laugh when i find her every morning like this tho...
DSC000261.jpg
DSC000251.jpg

I'll carry on checking her and rolling her over. If i get too scared tho im gonna have to consider the golf ball! :D

My son does exactly the same when i go in his room and hes asleep on his belly i literally hold my breath everytime walking over to him until i hear him breath to see hes ok. the only thing ive been able to do is encourage him to sleep on his side, which isnt great but better than his belly. he will not sleep on his back now. i just hope hes ok on his side. :(

Callum sleeps on his front too hun

He hates it the other way

We have one of those sensor alarms which puts my mind at ease a lot!
Not completely and i still check on him :)

I dont know what you could do to stop it. Ivy loves being put on her tummy too sleep.

:D I used to sleep face down when I was little and I still have a crease in my nose from where it was pressed when I slept face down!

If she is able to roll herself forward and back again she should be fine to let sleep as she wants. Babies start breathing through their mouth as well as their nose around 5-6 months and she should be able to breathe ok.

Babies only need to be kept on their backs until they can roll themselves over on their own and after that should be fine.

Have a read of previous threads where people have asked about this and you'll find other Mums have replied about it and some babies are doing this younger, some a bit older. Depends on the baby really.

I know it can be worrying but at 9 months she should be ok to sleep on her tummy if she wants. But if you are happier keep turning her over then carry on doing so a while.

Hi Hun,

Freya's been doin this since she was about 6 months old & like you I shit scared & had to keep checking her all the time. Took a couple of weeks for me to relax properly & not check on her so much.

She just prefers sleeping on her front or side, I always sleep on my tum too so she probably gets it from me :think: ??

Try not to stress too much, she's fine.

Hope everythings ok with you & bump - pic's of Lovella are so cute :D

I no but they do say all babies should be placed on their backs until the age of one. i dont think i'll properly relax until he is over 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back