Hungry baby milk possibly...

AugustMum

Reaction score
Ok so Im in a dilema.

I think Paige is gearing up for solids. Shes not been as settled this past week and always always has her hands in her mouth. Even though she doesnt always finish a bottle, she just doesnt seem as happy with it. I cant describe it. Shes started waking in the night again, which is fine, but shes really disturbed and I can hear her stomach rumbling but shes had a load of food before bed. :eh:

The problem Im having is, although I could try her with baby rice as she can support her head and sits really well, I just want to wait a bit longer. So has anyone tried hungry baby milk and did it help?

Oh shes 3 months next week! Does anyone else think there babies might be wanting a bit more than just milk?

I'm not sure Mel, sorry. I asked today if I should try Emily with hungry baby to put on some weight and she said it's not recommended at this age unless they are downing 6/7 oz of milk in no time???? X

They say that night waking after a babe has been sleeping through doesn't mean they need weaning. If they are hungry to give them an extra feed. Saying that my babe is same age and have some baby cearel now and loving it - maybe try her on something different and see how it goes x

Well I dont mind her waking in the night, as I know babies sleep patterns are a bit crazy anyway. I think Im going to try hungry milk during her first and last feed. She guzzles 7oz in the night and 6oz in the morning. :) Thanks girls!

i would just up the ounces and see how that goes?

i thought a lot about early weaning but i researched tons and have decided to wait until 6 months as better safe than sorry because problems dont show until teen/adult years sometimes. all the new research cant be wrong...but its totally up to you obv as you know Paige best.

mel i tried finley on it a few weeks ago as he had started waking twice in the night again. and it was no use. he was on it for about a week and he was drinking hardly anything noramlly he has 6/7oz but he dropped to 3/4 so i think really he didnt need it. and he also got really consipated.
2 be honest i just think he was going througha growth spurt
however what doesnt work for 1 baby might work for another

I would try the hungry baby milk. We ended up having to use that from a few weeks old as he wouldn't settle. We also ended up getting some goodnight milk but I don't think they even make that any more! I don't think it would be wise to introduce solids at such an early stage unless you are instructed to by a health professional. I would also try and get her to finish the bottle even if it means you keep trying her with it every so many minuets. I did that with my son and made sure he had all his wind up and then would start again and let him have the bottle. If he didn't drink it I would offer it to him within say 10 mins and usually once he had finished he realised he was full and woke in the night less!

I bet you are even more confused now! X

Haha yeah. Well I got some cartons of hungry baby milk, and shes just had a bottle and drained 7oz so Im going to give her some more in about 20 minutes then shes off to bed. So Ill have to let you all know if it makes the blind bit of difference over the next few nights. So far today shes had 27oz. Sounds about normal?

That sounds normal to me hun ... hope it agrees with her :pray: . I tried it with Ethan but it made him puke, so i stopped.

That bedtime milk apple was saying about still exists i got a free sample from either hipp organic or organixs it's milk mixed with cereals but it's for 6months plus as i think it has cows milk in it. to me it just sounds like milk with baby rice which i thought isn't recommended ??!! Bloody confusing. :wall2:

Haha yeah. Well I got some cartons of hungry baby milk, and shes just had a bottle and drained 7oz so Im going to give her some more in about 20 minutes then shes off to bed. So Ill have to let you all know if it makes the blind bit of difference over the next few nights. So far today shes had 27oz. Sounds about normal?

27oz??????? Bloody hell, Emily has nowere near that in a day. Today she has had 21 and today has been a good day!

She was weighed 2 weeks ago and she was 10lb 5oz. Shes finally asleep and she had 10oz in all and she drained that, so I could of offered more but she was on the verge of sleep so just let her relax and nod off. So thats 30oz shes had today lol. Greedy monkey. Im getting her weighed next week and if she continues to up her feeds Ill speak to the HV. Cause if shes just had 10z, then wakes up at 3am to have 7oz and then up at 7am to have 6oz.....well, thats alot of milk lol.

Hehe bless her! Annabelle has 25-30 ounces most days:)

5oz at 12:30, 4oz at 3 and now shes asking for more *sigh* I feel like Im always feeding her!

I was possibly thinking about this with Amelia too, coz she's having 8oz every 4 hours and she still seems hungry afterwards and her hands are always in her mouth. Just unsure what to do :/ also she's 17 weeks on tuesday.

See if Paige was 17 weeks, and I thought she was ready, I probably wouldn't think twice about starting her on a little baby rice in the morning. I knew I wouldnt wait until 6 months to start weaning as I think its fine before then. Im only hesitating as she's only 12 weeks.

I would say if you think Amelia is ready, then try it after her morning bottle and she'll soon let you know if she's not ready :)

Matt has started to shove his fist in his mouth but it nothing to do with him being hungry - I think he's just found his hands! Also I think he is starting to teeth on his top gums :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back