Fresh & Charlie

Thanks, forgot to come and update

So operation went well, they found more adhesions and reversed his stoma
He was ok then had a blip the next day when he was puking green (sign of blocked bowel) so they had to put a ng tube down and keep check on tummy
That settled the next day do think his bowel must have just been swollen

They started milk feed a few days later

1ml an hour ....

That was a week ago, he is now flying at 60mls 5 times a day and I'm allowed to give him a few spoons of baby rice today :) :)

They are incredibly pleased with him, I think they didn't think it would be this fast to get his feeds up

It's all about him wanting and drinking the milk whilst he is on nutrition into vein, and then his bowel has to be absorbing the milk....
So 10 poos a day mean he's not absorbing it, Charlie does 2 on average :)
So as they up the milk, they reduce the nutrition into vein, he's now on 50% of his needs, so he'll be off it in a few days

Then we wait a few more days to make sure he's gaining weight, then they take out Hickman line (permanent cannula to vein)

... THEN WE GO HOME!!!!! :) :) :)

On the 13th July we've been here 2 months, so would be good to Get out before then

Thanks all for your posts, the Internet keeps you going when you are in a place like this without seeing friends and doing normal stuff or even having a nice sofa to sit on
Not taking things for granted again xx

SO pleased he's doing well, hun. What an ordeal for you all - sounds like you're coping really well. Big hugs. Great news that you will be going home soon xxx

Awe this sound so positive Di. I am so pleased to read charlie is doing so well. I really hope you can get him home before 13th. Will keep you both in my thoughts. Xxx

tapatalking

Lovely update hun, so pleased all is going well.

I am sure Charlie will do you proud and be home very soon

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
SO glad he's doing better!! Lovely update to wake up too. Big hugs to you all xxx

Oh Hunni, thats brilliant news. I so proud of him and you for coming out on the other side of this and look where you are now. I hope his eatting gets better and better. What wonderful news hunni x x x

So glad to hear your good news! Hoping Charlie gets better and better and you're allowed home very soon xxx

tapatalking x

Ah that's really great news :) So pleased for u both.

Glad to know things are progressing in the right direction Xx

So glad to hear he is doing much better. Fingers crossed for getting home soon xxxx

Glad he's doing well :) really hope you and Charlie get home soon xx

Wow I've just read this I'm pleased to see Charlie is doing better. Your an amazing mummy. Hang on in there x

Big day today, Charlie got parole for the weekend for his good behaviour, so had the weekend at home, he's now on nearly full feeds

Saturday was a bad day, think he was unsettled and confused and was shouting at us most if the day
Sunday was amazing, he settled. He started 2 new things at home: rolling continuously ; one side of the room to the other and babbling da da da (da da da da da da etc. )

Daddy loves it of course

Tonight we are back in hospital, and tomorrow , he has to have put weight on, if he has, they'll whip out his Hickman line and we get to go home for good
If he doesn't we have to stay in til he does
So I'm cramming everything into him that he'll take
Our target feeds are above 600ml milk and 3 solid feeds, but they are saying he would ideally need 900ml milk, I'm only just managing to get 600 in him :/
Wish him luck!

I have everything crossed for u today Hun! Will be wonderful to get ur little man home again! Will be stalking very closely for updates today. Ur a wonderful mummy who's done an amazing job xxxxx

Keeping FX for you that hes gainedxx

Using tapatalk can't see tickers

I'm not excited: woken up to a dry nappy, bet they want me to up his fluids before we go :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back