Freezing Breast Milk - Again.

l_maclean

Reaction score
Sorry, i have another question.

For those of you freezing milk, how much to you freeze together??

I expressed just before bed last night and got 3oz, then this morning and got another 3oz ( i used the fridge bottle over night).

Ive frozen them seperately - but just realised that by time we're prob gonna be using them 3oz is unlikely to be enough of a feed - but 6oz could be too much.

Im assuming that freezing small amounts then combining them if she needs a bigger feed at the time is better??

xxx

I read freeze small then you can add to it. Say for eg if you froze 4oz, but your baby was taking 6oz you'd waste 2oz when defrosting. I'm gonna freeze in 2nd for now because it's all he takes (if that) and there's likely to not be much wastage

Yeah, im thinking next time i might try for 2oz lots, cos chances are then the most you'd ever waste would really be 1oz. xxx

Exactly! I'm hating my son at the moment as he's not taking a bottle but we're giving him an oz or 2 oz a night to get him used to it but he's wasting so much milk I want to cry!!!

Ouch, thats not so good.

Can you not express just when you offer the bottle, then if he doesnt take it freeze??

xxx

I think because of the spit (as he plays with the teet in his mouth... Or just pushes it away!) you can't freeze it as it gas bacteria? I could be wrong? I was also under the impression that the milk has a half hour time limit to be offered back because of bacteria.

I was also under the impression that the milk has a half hour time limit to be offered back because of bacteria.

I never thought about that. ive taken a bottle to our bedroom and used the same bottle for two feeds cos there was only 3 hours between and our room is pretty cold.

Maybe i need to look into this more.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back