Question for breastfeeding/working mums

zebrastripes

Reaction score
Ok,so I'm not working,but I'm back at school on January 7th so I was going to express during school and breatsfeed.
Luckily I get Wednesdays off,uesdays and Thursdays I go in at 11 instead of 9 and on Fridays I go in at 11 and get out at 2. I was going to express twice in school,once at lunch and once during Inidvidual Study time. I was going to put the milk in freezer bags with ice packs,and stick it in my locker which is usually freezing anyway. Do you think this will be OK to feed her with the next day,and/or freeze for another time? (if possible I may be able to negotiate a fridge deal over at the Home Economics department 8) ) Also,if I'm expressing most mornings and twice again during the day,will this be enough? I really don't want Willow to get confused and stop feeding altogether. She doesn't feed much during the day,mostly in the evening,so she'll only really get a couple of bottles when I'm at school.Oh,and I can usually pump 4-8 ounces in a session. How did it work for you if you continued breastfeeding and expressing whilst working? And one more thing: what's that thing you can get which increses your milk flow-from Holland & barrats or somewhere?Sorry for all the questions :lol: :lol:

Well I went back to college when Tia was just 8 weeks old, and I expressed at college and put the bags in the staff fridge (pre arranged with my tutor as there was no other kitchens on the premises) I took what I expressed home with me and froze it and Tia seemed fine with it...

Sounds pretty much what I'll be doing.How long did you feed her for?

Till she was about 9 months... I stopped cos she got meningitis and then a rota virus while in hospital which left her lactose intolerant. I kept making her ill every time I ate/drank anything with lactose in it... I have to admit though it was SOOOOo much easier just bottle feeding her after that... :(

Although I was very sad to stop breast feeding... I really missed the closeness..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back