Freezing breast milk

SmallPurpleCat

Reaction score
Just a few questions...

Do you have to freeze expressed milk straight away? I've got some that had been in the fridge since Saturday - is it ok to now put this in the freezer?

How long can you freeze milk for?

And, to defrost it, just put it into boiling water - even the storage bag things?

Thanks.

I *think* it's ok to freeze refrigerated milk. And I read on one website that you could freeze milk for up to 6 months, but then another site said 3 months, so I'm not 100% on that. To defrost I think you use warm water rather than boiling -the bags I had say you can just run them under warm water from the tap.

my HV told me you can freeze refrigerated breast milk Aslong as it hasn't been in the fridge more than 3 days she also told me its ok to be in the freezer for 6 months. i've only ever Defrosted one lot and i just left it in the fridge for 24 hours xx

hey there
yep I think it's ok to freeze if only been in frisge for 2 days or so. We deforst in very warm water and the bags are fine.x

when i expressed i used to put it straight in a bottle for my oh for the night feed and what was left i used to freeze! i expressed a few times a day so ended up with a good batch, about 4/5oz a day! im sure it can stay there for 6months!!!!!

My HV said that breast milk is ok stored in the fridge for 5 days. I freeze my milk in ice cube trays

No clue on timings, but be careful when defrosting and reheating .. I curdled a bottle >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back